lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
lakehopper
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 83 g1 to rebuild or just jug kit

Have an 83 g1 that wouldnt start. Done comp. check wouldnt even blow finger off the plug hole. So took jug off and found wore out piston and jug that was scared up good.Noticed the bearing at the piston seemed dry ,shouldnt they be a little wet??
Should I get the jug bored or get a new one ??? should I rebuild the whole motor or put new seals in .What should I look for with the jug off ??
lakehopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2012, 04:02 PM   #2
Field6565
Gone Wild

Default Re: 83 g1 to rebuild or just jug kit

Welcome to the site. I would buy a top end kit. It will give you a new piston, rings, cylinder and all new gaskets that you will need to comeplete the job. I think they are somewhere around $180. Check with the site sponsors. Check the crank seals for any sign of leaks.
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:25 PM   #3
yamarancher
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 83 g1 to rebuild or just jug kit

I'd do a complete rebuild , then premix, sounds like your oil pump may have quit !
yamarancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha