lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2012, 04:36 PM   #1
masonf24
Not Yet Wild

Default G2 belt slipping under load

I have a Yamaha G2 gas and the belt is slipping and making a horrible squell/roar under load. Mainly happens when going uphill. It just started this yesterday when climbing a hill. I can make it happen in the driveway by holding down the gas and revving it up. I have a video of it but cannot figure out how to add it. I will search the threads to figure it out and repost it. the belt from the primary to secondary sheave seams crazy loose. I do not know how this can happen randomly though. i do have a few manuals and want to try and fix it myself. Our last golf cart did this same thing and the mechanic that fixed it said he replaced the clutch weights. I do not see how that is the fix though. Thank you for any help and i will post the video ASAP. Love the site and this is the first time i have cannot find my answer.

Thank you,

Mason
masonf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2012, 09:45 PM   #2
toadady
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 belt slipping under load

well, first i'dd check that little cable attached to the engine and frame, then your motormounts , and measure the belt width, it should be no thinner than 27mm.
toadady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:48 PM   #3
masonf24
Not Yet Wild

No clue what cable you are talking about. I will check the other two tomorrow. Thanks!
Old 05-08-2012, 10:08 PM   #4
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

My guess would be the rear clutch circlip has broke and the spring seat/helix is rubbing the axle housing.
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:16 PM   #5
masonf24
Not Yet Wild

That was my guess from reading other posts but I cannot find the part on the diagram. Is that the official name circlip? Thanks for the help
Old 05-08-2012, 10:16 PM   #6
toadady
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonf24 View Post
No clue what cable you are talking about. I will check the other two tomorrow. Thanks!
there is a small short cable between the battery and engine, it keeps the motor from over torquing .
toadady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:40 PM   #7
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonf24 View Post
That was my guess from reading other posts but I cannot find the part on the diagram. Is that the official name circlip? Thanks for the help
Part 27 http://www.boswellsgolf.com/pages/Oe...AJ-LATE_-_1993)

It would go on before the spring seat. Part 5 http://www.boswellsgolf.com/pages/Oe...AJ-LATE_-_1993)

Use a input shaft spacer instead of circlip if that is the problem.
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha