lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2016, 05:08 PM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 93 EZGO having speed issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbix View Post
Johnnie b.
I am having the same slow forward fast reverse problem, so I sealed B and D cables and speed problem is gone, just checking so I don't cook my new Curtis 1204, I should now swap my A and C cables to put my FNR switch back in synv. Correct?
What year and body style cart?

If it is a Marathon, the F/R is mounted with the A stud at the top and the direction lever is directly connected to the F/R switch. With Medalist and TXT carts the F/R is mounted with the A stud is at the bottom and the direction selector lever is connected to the F/R assembly via levers and rods, so the fast/slow speed issue could be a mechanical problem. (IE: one of the two levers connected by the rod facing up while the other lever faces down will put the fast/slow speeds out of sync with the direction lever)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2016, 05:25 PM   #12
dbix
Not Yet Wild

Anyone, buehler,Buehler,anyone?
dbix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 05:45 PM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbix View Post
Anyone, buehler,Buehler,anyone?
Sometimes you have to leave the thread and then return to get the new posts.

But if that is happening, how are you going to see the two I posted.
Old 05-14-2016, 09:34 PM   #14
dbix
Not Yet Wild

Ok, sorry about that I thought my post werent working.
I have a 1992 marathon. I had the same reverse speed problem as earlier on this thread so I reversed the 3 and 9 o'clock position cables as you mentioned and now it works corect except the FNR switch works backward. Did I wiresomething incorrectly to make this happen.
I appreciate you knowledge and help, we are lucky to have someone like you in this group.
Old 05-15-2016, 07:43 AM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

There are two aspects of getting the F/R switch in sync.
1. Regardless to which way the cart actually travels, when the direction selector is in F, the cart should travel at full speed and when the direction selector is in R, the cart should travel at 1/2 speed and the reverse beeper should sound. (Note: 1/2 speed and/or beeper may be disabled is some carts)

2. When direction selector is in F cart should travel forward and when direction selector is in R the cart should travel in in reverse.

The direction selector on a Marathon is directly connected to the moveable cam in the F/R switch without any intervening rods or levers, so it being out of sync with full speed forward and half speed reverse means that the direction selector lever is mounted upside down or the microswitches in the F/R assembly are transposed side to side. Or a non-stock selector lever whose labeling is not correct for an EZGO Marathon has been installed.

The attached drawing shows how the F/R assembly works.

Once the direction selector lever is in sync with full speed and 1/2 speed with beeper, then you can swap B & D cables to get the cart direction in sync. Or you can swap the A & D cables, just not both sets or the cart will still go in the same direction.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F-N-R with microswitches on cam.JPG (60.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-15-2016, 08:48 AM   #16
dbix
Not Yet Wild

When I got that cart it didn't run and the previous owner was swapping bunches of used parts out,, sounds like the FNR switch that he swapped out was a bit off.
Thanks for the info.
Old 05-15-2016, 08:53 AM   #17
dbix
Not Yet Wild

I will check the F/R switch for proper mounting or swap the other 2 cables, thanks a bunch!
Old 08-24-2016, 09:15 PM   #18
dbix
Not Yet Wild

My cart has been running fine and then last week it didn't want to move after coaxing it a bit it started to move slowly and after about 10 mins of driving it seemed ok. Now it does this everyday. Could this be a problem with the motor ?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO