lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2013, 12:32 AM   #11
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Best budget batteries?

What battery did you end up getting ??
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2013, 07:39 PM   #12
MxChris
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Trojan T-105's, need to redo the battery box before I can drop them in.

Next is a full sanding, priming, painting, seat recover then voltage reducer, radio, headlight and LED install. I also need to fab up a rear seat frame on the cheap.

Trying to get it spiffy before Halloween, everyone has their carts out in the neighborhood then....hope I make it!
MxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:59 PM   #13
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

That's what I got also. Was going to do powertrons, but changed my mind at the last minute. Those battery boxes can really get crusty.
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #14
patgrim00
Gone Wild

I've had 4 sets of 105s in my cart they are good battery's I have an idea swimming around in my head of an aluminum battery box welded up like the original then bolted to the original frame
patgrim00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #15
MxChris
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah my box needs some attention also, har har. I just need to scrounge up some angle iron to get it fabbed up.

I'm going to do a plum quick upgrade after the holidays, I think that will be my Christmas present to myself this year. Everything else is solid on the cart, the motor is running fine but it's 25 yrs old so I'm probably on borrowed time there. Plus, the extra speed will be nice and since I'm putting so much time and money into it I might as well do that too.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:24 PM   #16
patgrim00
Gone Wild

If it were me I would get more than just a bandit motor especially if you plan to upgrade down the road If I were you I would call Robbie and talk to him he's a great guy and he knows his stuff tell him what you want out of your cart and he will build you a motor and best thing is he won't try to sell you something you don't need
patgrim00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:26 PM   #17
MxChris
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I have some time before I get to the motor on this one. I'll keep that in mind though.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:54 PM   #18
gregstroud
Not Yet Wild

I got lucky when Advance Auto Parts had a on-line coupon for $50 off $100 for the first 500 customers, then $40 off $100 for the next 2000 customers. Their site was getting hammered of course so I called and they placed 6 orders over the phone and gave me $50 off each order. I ended up around $480 out the door for their only option (Autocraft Golf Cart 6-Volt Deep-Cycle Service Battery, 115AH.) These were the same specs as the Trojan T-105 which were 115@75amps. Somewhere else I saw that the 20 AH rate of 225 for the Trojan T-105 and the Advance Auto Parts Q/A section answers the question "20 Amp Hour capacity of 225." The autocraft are also 1.4lb heavier than the T-105. That makes sense that the specs would be the same, right?

Last edited by gregstroud; 08-21-2013 at 10:35 PM.. Reason: incorrect info
gregstroud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 08:52 AM   #19
spraetz
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxChris View Post
Thanks bigstik40, the guy I found in Ellenton had a little lower price and was willing to deliver for free so I bought from him.

All the shops are about the same as far as parts go. I could really use some fender caps!
Whats the name of the place in Ellenton? Are you happy with them?
spraetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO