lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2020, 12:57 PM   #31
RoboHarleyGolf70
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Default Re: Harley Davidson 1970 Golf Cart Restoration Project

Well finally got back around to doing some work on Cart after numerous home projects wife had me doing in house during this crazy time. Anyhow, I completely took front suspension out and readjusted springs and such and look like the problem is fixed and I have about 3" clearance now between cross bar and top of tire!

So my next item -- Valve rings. So my piston has 010 stamped on it. I bought .010 rings but my gap is like .019-.020. Is that Ok? I know specs say like .007 - .014 max. Should I get different size rings to close gap?
RoboHarleyGolf70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2020, 04:10 PM   #32
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Check your cylinder to piston clearance first to be sure it is in spec. If not hone for a larger
piston and fit to the bore. just using oversized rings may work for a time but it is always better to use the proper specifications.
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 05:18 PM   #33
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Glad you got the tire clearance issue resolved!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harley 3 wheel, harley davidson golf cart, harley gas golf cart, harley/columbia
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson