lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2020, 11:45 AM   #21
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Default Re: Got the bug, what’s next?

Depends on how big your hills are and how often you plan on having riders on the backseat.

What part of the country are you located?

I would say if you were happy with the performance of the bandit, you'll be pleased with the D&D.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-03-2020, 09:27 AM   #22
Winston Ellis
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
Depends on how big your hills are and how often you plan on having riders on the backseat.

What part of the country are you located?

I would say if you were happy with the performance of the bandit, you'll be pleased with the D&D.
I`m in RI/CT area, its just hills in the campground. There is one hill that goes from sea level to ~ 110ft over the span of half a mile. Riders in backseat are usually kids, sometime we will have 4 adults. i just do not want to loose torque to only gain 4mph.
Winston Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 12:00 PM   #23
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Ellis View Post
I`m in RI/CT area, its just hills in the campground. There is one hill that goes from sea level to ~ 110ft over the span of half a mile. Riders in backseat are usually kids, sometime we will have 4 adults. i just do not want to loose torque to only gain 4mph.
D&D states 15% increase in torque over stock; you should be satisfied.

https://ddmotorsystems.com/ChooseAMo...=24&Torque=-15
Old 12-03-2020, 12:11 PM   #24
Caseyrollins08
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Do you think i would loose torque? I have a backseat and its a campground cart with a decent amount of hills.
I upgraded my stock motor to D&D speed motor and I get 24 mph. I believe the motor I got said 10% less torque but I don't notice any of that. I have to triple check that the kiddos are holding on so they don't get slung off. But, this is also driving on pavement with zero hills. I have stock controller but upgrade F&R switch, HD solenoid, and 2 gauge cables.
Caseyrollins08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 06:41 AM   #25
Winston Ellis
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
D&D states 15% increase in torque over stock; you should be satisfied.

https://ddmotorsystems.com/ChooseAMo...=24&Torque=-15

I was under the impression that it was -15% torque loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2020, 02:56 PM   #26
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would call D&D and see what they say performance will be compared to your PQ. I can almost guarantee they will try and put you in one of there engineered motors which I have heard are pretty sweet. As far as what they will recommend I imagine they will say hills and back seat wont allow for any of their speed motors.

I have the 170-007-0002 and a back seat but stay on flat pavement almost exclusively. I cant compare it to a PQ bandit or a stock 48v but coming from a stock 36v motor to that I definitely had more torque.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 09:23 AM   #27
Winston Ellis
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_Daddy View Post
I would call D&D and see what they say performance will be compared to your PQ. I can almost guarantee they will try and put you in one of there engineered motors which I have heard are pretty sweet. As far as what they will recommend I imagine they will say hills and back seat wont allow for any of their speed motors.

I have the 170-007-0002 and a back seat but stay on flat pavement almost exclusively. I cant compare it to a PQ bandit or a stock 48v but coming from a stock 36v motor to that I definitely had more torque.

Good idea. Only reason I am interested in the motor is because it is local to me.

Old 12-05-2020, 10:02 AM   #28
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
I was under the impression that it was -15% torque loss

Yes, I may have misread that.

I agree to give D&D a call and ask to speak with Vic, not one of the sales reps who answer the phone. He's an engineer who builds the motors there and can point you in the right direction after you tell him what you're looking for.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car