lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2011, 12:44 PM   #1
3547fl
Not Yet Wild

Default New Cart

Picked up another cart (First Electric) yesterday. It has been sitting for about 3 years under a tree. Had a brand new set of batteries install right before it was parked. Hoping to get them to hold a charge, did a quick charge with a battery charger to get the Cart charger to work. First time the charger kicked off the cart went 2 feet, second time about 50 feet, third time about 75 feet, seems to keep getting better will have to see. What do you guys think?? think they will keep a charge?

Oh and like the last cart it was "Free"

It's a 1999 G-16
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.JPG (169.1 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 002.JPG (167.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 003.JPG (89.1 KB, 31 views)
3547fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-06-2011, 12:59 PM   #2
BadApple
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New Cart

For what you paid for the cart those batteries had better hold a charge! I wish I could find a deal like that, nice cart and good luck
BadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 02:15 PM   #3
3547fl
Not Yet Wild

Hah, really.. Forth charge = 200' uphill driveway and back.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:13 PM   #4
yamahag9er
Fry's Golf Carts

Club Car

Great looking cart especially for free. Has a back seat and everything. Looks like it might need a bit of work on the battery trays though. Good luck. I hope you get the batteries to come around.
yamahag9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:26 PM   #5
3547fl
Not Yet Wild

Yes, have to fix the very back battery tray. Going to bolt or weld a new one.

The first washing really made it look good, should of taken a pic before I washed it :)
Old 02-06-2011, 04:47 PM   #6
yamahag9er
Fry's Golf Carts

Club Car

See that alot on those battery trays/racks. That's still a hell of deal though.
yamahag9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:46 PM   #7
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

I personally love free but as the old saying goes about dogs...there is no such thing a a free puppy. Prolly applies to carts too. One way or the other, congrats. It was a heck of a deal and the cart sure looks good now!

t
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:24 PM   #8
Thomasbuilt
Not Yet Wild

This info may help with the battery problem. I bought a electric cart last month with dead batteries on it. My highest battery out of 6 read only .72 volts, the rest were way lower. That's right .72 not even a single volt.

These batteries are 2003 models Torjans 105.

So I pulled the caps off turn the batteries over dump all the old stuff out of them. Each battery held 1 gallon of distilled water. I took Epsom salt 1 cup per gallon and mixed it up and put into each battery. Instantly the batteries all were in the 2 volt range per battery.

I spent a week (20 degree weather) with a 6 volt 6 amp charger rotating the charger from battery to battery. I would put one on in the morning on my way to work, and when I got home I put another battery on everyday for a week. Atleast 2 x 12 hour cycles per battery that week.

They were reading around 6.1-6.2 volts average, I ran the cart until the batteries went down a little, Then I put it on the Factory Charger that came with the cart and after a couple of cycles I'm at 39 volts or 6.60 volts per battery and the cart is running great.

My batteries look awful, they are swelled up, some of the post are broke off and rigged with screws to hold the battery cables on, but I got a steal on the cart and no money to buy batteries right now.

So all in all, I never had a golf cart or had anything to do with them until recently. The Epsom Salt trick worked for me to restore my batteries and get some decent time out of them per charge. I drove it down my road 2 miles and back with a total of 4 miles two hills of 125-150 feet elevation change in 30 degree weather in the snow and it did great and had pently of power left.

I hope this info helps anybody that has a used cart and no money for batteries. There is hope for restoring the batteries. It only cost me $10.23 in water and material to try. Have a good one. Wish I could find a free cart, LOL
Thomasbuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:51 PM   #9
Texas001
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3547fl View Post
Picked up another cart (First Electric) yesterday. It has been sitting for about 3 years under a tree. Had a brand new set of batteries install right before it was parked. Hoping to get them to hold a charge, did a quick charge with a battery charger to get the Cart charger to work. First time the charger kicked off the cart went 2 feet, second time about 50 feet, third time about 75 feet, seems to keep getting better will have to see. What do you guys think?? think they will keep a charge?

Oh and like the last cart it was "Free"

It's a 1999 G-16
Well, that is just not right. When I do get something for free it is usually bad advise.
Texas001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:08 PM   #10
trkbilder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Well, that is just not right. When I do get something for free it is usually bad advise.

Yeah! I've got a free puppy running around here somewhere that I've got $1400 in and counting. For me there's no such thing as a free lunch. It could be raining soup and I'd be holding a fork!!!
trkbilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha