lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2011, 02:32 PM   #1
rascalmax
Not Yet Wild

Default o1 yamaha runs intermently

working on an 01 yamaha ... runs for awhile then when I stop and start agian it mey run or not. work the tow switch back and forth then it will go agian.
put a new toggle switch on does the same thing. sometimes goes and then not.
any other ideas that I can look at.
rascalmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-19-2011, 07:05 PM   #2
wmailhos
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: o1 yamaha runs intermently

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascalmax View Post
working on an 01 yamaha ... runs for awhile then when I stop and start agian it mey run or not. work the tow switch back and forth then it will go agian.
I am having the same problem with my 2007 Yamaha Drive. Bought the cart last summer and the previous owner said the batteries had been "just serviced"

It makes a "clicking" noise and then may run again.

Batteries get very hot if left on the charger overnight..

Bad batteries or some type of electrical short?
wmailhos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:44 PM   #3
wmailhos
Not Yet Wild

Update to my situation...

I keep my cart in an unheated garage and we have had some record cold temps here in Texas for a while. Lately the temps have gotten closer to normal and I haven't had any problems with the cart.

I know this has probably been asked a million times but...

Is it standard practice to keep these things plugged into the charger all the time? I have a buddy that has a Club and he keeps his plugged in all the time. Not sure if that is good or bad for battery life. Not to mention my batteries seem to get really hot when left on the charger overnight...
wmailhos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:16 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascalmax View Post
Sorry to say, sometimes you need a qualified tech to diagnoss these intermitent problems, and intermittent ones are the worse. With a Zr1 or PDA tester Yamaha tech's can "read the computer" for faults and "status". If there shop minimum , lets say 30.00-40.00 will tell you what is wrong, it's worth it (in my opinion). The "run/tow"switch should be left in the "tow" position for several minutes, that will alow power to "drain" from the internal components in the controller and very often will "reset" the controller. Wish I could have been more help.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:26 PM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmailhos View Post
Update to my situation...

I keep my cart in an unheated garage and we have had some record cold temps here in Texas for a while. Lately the temps have gotten closer to normal and I haven't had any problems with the cart.

I know this has probably been asked a million times but...

Is it standard practice to keep these things plugged into the charger all the time? I have a buddy that has a Club and he keeps his plugged in all the time. Not sure if that is good or bad for battery life. Not to mention my batteries seem to get really hot when left on the charger overnight...
Probably should have started your own thread, to help others. But,
All Yamaha 48 volt car's (g19 and up) had a "MAC" or "DPI" or the "Yamaha" style "fully automatic chargers". They all turn on and turn off automaticly, but they will also turn back on as battery voltage drops by sitting, bring the batteries back up to full charge. So I recommend leaving them plugged in all the time when not in use. One major problem...if AC power fails...it stops the entire process till AC power is back on and you unplug the dc cord and reinstall it to start the "cycle" over again. Witch style charger do you have? Hope that helped.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:28 PM   #6
rascalmax
Not Yet Wild

batteries are good and charger works great. looking for a short.
I was wondering if this maybe an early sign of the controller failing?
rascalmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha