lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2012, 12:35 PM   #1
ewalton13
Not Yet Wild

Default '07 Par Car Loud Whine from rear

Got a 2007 Par Car Eagle. Originally had some issues and had to replace the motor and controller last year, but ever since there has been a loud whine when running at higher speeds under a load. Since I'm new to the Par Car I had thought this might be normal at first, but just doesn't seem right. The cart did not run when we got it so I didn't know how it ran before. I am now wondering if it might be coming from the rear end. Could it be that it just needs oil added? If so, how do I go about doing this? Only seems to be 1 plug at the bottom. Is this for draining and adding the gear oil?

Any advise is very much appreciated.

Eric
ewalton13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2012, 01:28 PM   #2
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: '07 Par Car Loud Whine from rear

The plug at bottom is for filling when the unit is upside down, as in during assembly. When you remove the plug from a correctly filled unit, nothing should come out. You should be able to reach your finger in and feel the fluid just over the ridge of the hole though. When we service, we pull the pan, and refill with fluid before remounting the pan.

Whining might by one of the input shaft bearings.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:56 PM   #3
ewalton13
Not Yet Wild

Okay, I was able to find the plug and it did seem that it was a little low. Added some oil and the whine is not quite as loud, but pretty close to what it was before. At times it could be ear pericing, especially when going fast down hill, but it didn't quite get there after adding oil.

After recalling the things that were done (I did not do the work myself) I do remember the input shaft being replaced from the original. I do not believe the bearings were changed with it though. (Didn't see any in the parts that were replaced) I'm getting a price on the bearings and will probably give that a shot, but could it be something else or is that the most likely cause of the whine. I'm not as familiar with the Par Car and there are not any around I can compare it to, but I am assuming they should be as quite as Club Car and EZ-GO. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks!
Old 05-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #4
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Just remember, electric does not equal silent.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:35 PM   #5
ewalton13
Not Yet Wild

I know it's not supposed to be silent, but when you feel like you need ear plugs it's a little loud. It is the loudest I have ever heard a cart before, but again I am new to the Par Car.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #6
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Best bet would be to have the dealer check it and compare to one they have.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar