lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2012, 10:46 AM   #1
Wayne Y
Not Yet Wild

Default 2004 Columbia wont switch to fast mode

Hello

Cart stuck in slow mode and light does not come on when switched to fast mode? New batteries T 105 and all fuses good. Controller has solid green light except when I switch tow/run then I seen it flash twice. Any ideas what to check next?
Wayne Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #2
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: 2004 Columbia wont switch to fast mode

The led on the rabbit/turtle switch is not wired to light up. The two flash is representative of invalid start sequence, like in gear at turn on.

I would suspect your slow mode is either the potbox is out of adjustment, the speed encoder on the motor(if equipped) is bad, or the toggle switch is bad.

You can check the pot box with an ohmmeter. Black and white wires from the pot box should be at about 0 ohms with no pedal pressed, then go to just about 5K ohms when pedal all the way to the floor. If less than 5K adjust the linkage between the pedal and the potbox.

You can also check the toggle switch with just open or closed when selected.

The encoder can only be checked by a dealer with a handheld sevcon calibrator.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:35 PM   #3
Wayne Y
Not Yet Wild

Pot box adjusted with linkage 0 to 4560. All switches passed. Side of motor has black cap with 3 wires/2 torx screws. I assume this is the speed encoder and the local dealer does not have a handheld sevcon calibrator. Other issue I found was that when the charger was plugged in to see if it worked with the new batteries (replaced with t105 which were installed before) they sound like they boil around 59 amps and smell of sulfer exist. Unplugged charger and havn't verified setting for batteries. Thank you for all your help!
Old 11-07-2012, 07:40 AM   #4
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

You need the 5000 ohms, you're too low at full pedal.

T105 should be algorithm 1 on charter not the factory setting of 4. Instructions may be in another thread of mine but I'm driving and can't reattach right now. Will later if you still didn't get it.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #5
Wayne Y
Not Yet Wild

I have the instructions on the charger.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:56 PM   #6
Wayne Y
Not Yet Wild

Replaced speed pot. What should the resistance read at no throttle and full throttle? Since the arm only travels a few degrees what value should be set at zero?
Old 11-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #7
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

0 ohms to 5K ohms. Give or take a dozen, but not much more.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:34 AM   #8
Wayne Y
Not Yet Wild

Finally received my replacement parts but not able to test the cart due to cracks in the tube from the rear axle to the frame. Was the axle brace a design to prevent the tube from twisting and cracking or for the axle only? My cart has cracks near where the long bolts go through up by the batteries. Another question i have is what was the model number for the Cipa mirrors (driver/pass)? The mirrors i received from Columbia are 5" round universal with a small angle bracket.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:13 AM   #9
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

The axle brace was designed strictly because some Dana axles tube had broken the plug welds, and the differential would twist.

Are you talking about the rear fork, or "swing arm", that bolts to the axle cradles in the back and the frame up by the batteries? You would either replace or have it welded.

The part is 47039-89 list of $157.50

2004 Columbia ? (Eagle or Summit) Just curious.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:38 AM   #10
Wayne Y
Not Yet Wild

Summit and pulled the tube off the cart to have it welded. Any ideas on the mirrors?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar