lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-09-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
stuckinwawa
Not Yet Wild

Default 85 3 wheeler Marathon starting issues

Hi, I've searched and searched and come up with lots of answers but none that have solved my problem, here's my problem, if my cart sits for a couple hours or more I find it really hard to get the cart going, with the choke wide open I try to get it to start for about 5 minutes but it won't but if I let it sit for 15 minutes it'll start? What I have noticed is if I try and start it I take the plug out, I check for spark, I may get one tiny spark every few seconds, I'll put the plug back in and keep trying to start it, if I walk away and come back 10 minutes later it'll start, is it a fuel problem, is it a spark problem? it's like if I keep trying to start it the sparks gets better and better but now I flooded it, is there a way to fix this, once the cart is running I checked the spark, it looks really good, I've cleaned the connection plug where the pulser coil connects to the coil itself, but that didn't seem to help, I have a new coil and spark plug but that didn't work either.
stuckinwawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-09-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
kyerik
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 85 3 wheeler Marathon starting issues

It sounds like a spark issue to me- you should always have a nice strong spark. If all of the connections are good then perhaps your igniter is failing. Replacing it with an HEI ignition module should cost less than $30.

Another member got a bad coil, new out of the box- that is another possibility.
kyerik is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO