lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2012, 10:36 AM   #11
frodrummer
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Marathon running issue

1992, you have the 3pg engine. If the cart ran well with the cap loose, and poorly with the cap tightened, I would replace the cap. If the problem persists, at least you have eliminated one possible "problem area". However, I would assume that even if the cap was not originally venting properly, you would have had more than 5 seconds of run time before it shut down. Not much more though. 20 seconds maybe, but I could be mistaken. I am still leaning toward carb though, as I don't believe hitting a bump could foul the cap. BUT, as previously stated, weird things happen. After the 15 min ride, did it shut off by itself, or did you shut it off?
frodrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #12
gladdengolfcarts
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Marathon running issue

I shut it off and tightened the cap back down. Then again it began to run poorly. I'm thinking cap but also is the pump needing replacing maybe weak with not enough power to pull when the cap is tight.
gladdengolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO