lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2018, 05:08 PM   #31
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ausco cable disc brake install thread

The bakes were dragging a bit on this cart and I though it would get better but no luck there. So, I jacked it up and pulled a wheel. With a flashlight I could see there was a gap between the inner pad and the disc but not a gap between the outer pad and the disc.
This observation was made when the disc was held in tight against the hub as the wheel and lugs nuts will hold it.
Ausco says to remove the space washer between the hub and the bearing retainer ring if the outer pad is dragging.
I put a pair of washers on as shown on each side to space the pads outward. The result was a cart that rolled better than ever. Thought this might help somebody
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spacer 1.jpg (59.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg spacer 2.jpg (51.6 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2018, 06:33 PM   #32
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 08:24 PM   #33
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Not quite sure if this has been covered, or not, but these pads are not "use 'till it gets down to the metal backing plate". They eventually wear thin enough that they can't be properly adjusted, and that point is before the "meat" of the brake lining is totally gone. Hope this will help someone, it has helped me with troublesome ones. And, yes, the washers sometimes have to be tried, and reconfigured at initial installation to get everything right. This was a fun one on a electric RXV axle. yes I welded brake mounting plates on a hotrod Rxv axle, getting the pedal group to play nice could be a project in itself (I'm sure glad the bellcrank mounting point is included on all frames!)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 12:59 PM   #34
RaptorJP
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just installed these on my 2002 TXT, easy to install and work great!!

Last edited by RaptorJP; 05-21-2018 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: Wrong
RaptorJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 11:27 AM   #35
biggator
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The bakes were dragging a bit on this cart and I though it would get better but no luck there. So, I jacked it up and pulled a wheel. With a flashlight I could see there was a gap between the inner pad and the disc but not a gap between the outer pad and the disc.
This observation was made when the disc was held in tight against the hub as the wheel and lugs nuts will hold it.
Ausco says to remove the space washer between the hub and the bearing retainer ring if the outer pad is dragging.
I put a pair of washers on as shown on each side to space the pads outward. The result was a cart that rolled better than ever. Thought this might help somebody
Scotty -
I'm installing these now.. one side is perfect, the other looks like it needs a washer to turn freely (it's rubbing just enough to annoy me). What size did you use?
biggator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:43 AM   #36
Rurki
Not Yet Wild

I put these on last weekend to slow down after installing the FSIP Speed from ScottyB. Great stopping power now! Thanks for the detailed instructions as always.
Rurki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 08:00 AM   #37
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurki View Post
I put these on last weekend to slow down after installing the FSIP Speed from ScottyB. Great stopping power now! Thanks for the detailed instructions as always.
Thanks for the feedback. We are no longer an Ausco dealer. They changed their sales structure so cost escalated the further from MI the dealer was located. Being in CA we opted out. We suggest you contact MI Ausco dealer http://www.cartpartsplus.com/ with all of your sales and service questions.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:28 AM   #38
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Is that where we should go for replacement pads? I need pads on all 4 replaced
azTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 08:35 AM   #39
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes.
Old 09-20-2019, 08:31 PM   #40
rjsmeyer
Not Yet Wild

I'm trying to follow this, but there seems to be a gap in the steps. I've released the brake cable and removed the four backing plate bolts as described, but I don't see any way to remove the backing plate without getting the hub off the axle. And I was hoping that the steps with releasing the backing plate would help, but I still can't get the hub off even with using a puller. What's the trick for that?

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Notice the TXT48 has the brake cable on top of the axle. Earlier years TXT and Marathon all had the cable below the axle. The caliper bracket is U shaped. For this cart the U will be right-side up and in earlier yrs it will be up side down.

I'm getting ahead of the work - remove the C clip retaining the brake cable sheath at the mounting OEM bracket. KEEP this clip, you will reuse it.

Remove the four break backing plate bolts and remove the backing plate and cable mount bracket. That sounds easy and it should be but, they are on there tight & in some cases these bolts are rusty or worse. Worse case scenario - you may need to replace the bolts. I never have had to in all my yrs as a tech. God blessed the southwest with an almost rust free environment. If you do replace them use hardened bolts as they hold the caliper in place here.

Once the backing plate & cable mount is removed, grab hold of an end of the cable spring and pull it out and away - removing the spring from the cable.

On the bench, remove the mounting bracket from the caliper assembly using a 9/16 wrench and 7/32 hex head wrench or equivalent.
rjsmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disc brakes; ausco
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO