lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2009, 07:20 PM   #1
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Swapping engines/G2/G9/G8/G14

I have seen alot of posts latley asking about using different engines in different carts. Here is my advice. All G2/G9/G8 long blocks are enterchangable. The G14 long block is also, it just has a larger bore, there for different piston/rings/head gasket. Now hope this works...the G2 uses J38 pulsar coil/ROTOR/Ignitor/wire harness and coil. G9 uses J38 pulsar coil/Rotor/JG5 ignitor/JG5 wire harness and j38 coil. the G8 uses JF2 pulsar coil/JF2 ROTOR/Jf2 ignitor/JF2 wire harness and a JF2 coil. G14 uses a JF2 pulsar coil/JF2 Rotor/JN3 ignitor/JN3 wire harness and a JF2 coil. My point is..If your using a long block from a G14 into a G2, You would need to install the J38 pulsar coil/ Rotor and coil from the G2 engine with this done, you would use the G2 wire harness and ignitor and your motor should run. Please remember the pulsar coil/Rotor/coil/wireharness and ignitor must match for ignition system to work. Hope this makes sence and helps. Good luck. Later Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha