lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2020, 11:10 AM   #1
erict
Gone Wild
 
erict's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Michigan
Posts: 1,361
Default Increase speed

I have a 05 48v CC. Everything is stock. I currently have speed code 4 and does 19mph. Will adding a speed magnet get me any more mph! If so, would is cause less run time or any wear on components?

Also, does anyone have a chart for the different speed code speeds?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Old 04-19-2020, 12:38 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild
 
jakesnake27's Avatar
Harley Davidson
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 14,242
Default Re: Increase speed

A magnet will get you 22 mph and eliminate regen braking. It is a nice, cheap upgrade for IQ carts. You will not experience a noticeable difference in runtime or increased wear on any parts.

Here are the factory CC speed codes:

1 - Commercial speed - 8.0 mph (12.9 km/h)
2 - Slow golf speed - 13.4 mph (21.6 km/h)
3 - Normal golf speed - 14.8 mph (23.8 km/h)
4 - Private speed mode - 19.6 mph (31.5 km/h)
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 01:39 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!
 
NoleFan4Ever's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 17,404
Default Re: Increase speed

And those speed codes Jake provided are based on factory height tires, so the taller tires you run, the higher the speed "can" go as the RPM is the limiting factor for the advertised speed.

Remember, you have to have the power to reach those speeds. (Power pack is usually the biggest contributor)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 02:57 PM   #4
erict
Gone Wild
 
erict's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Michigan
Posts: 1,361
Default Re: Increase speed

Thank you for the info. Not sure which motor I have but it's grey in color. Would you have a link to the correct magnet for my cart?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 03:13 PM   #5
jakesnake27
Gone Wild
 
jakesnake27's Avatar
Harley Davidson
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 14,242
Default Re: Increase speed

You’ve got the GE motor, here’s the magnet: https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...otor-iq-system
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 03:55 PM   #6
erict
Gone Wild
 
erict's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Michigan
Posts: 1,361
Default Re: Increase speed

I'm thinking I may go the PlumQuick motor route since I want a little more torque as well.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 04:15 PM   #7
Dragracer_Art
Gone Wild
 
Dragracer_Art's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: GA
Posts: 352
Default Re: Increase speed

Just my two cents here... (and nothing against PQ at all.)
Buy a motor controller, HD solenoid and 2g cables instead.

You will be surprised how capable the stock motor is when you upgrade the controller.

Even with an upgraded motor, you are still limited by how much juice the controller can give it. (250a vs 500a)
Dragracer_Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 04:43 PM   #8
erict
Gone Wild
 
erict's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Michigan
Posts: 1,361
Default Re: Increase speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragracer_Art View Post
Just my two cents here... (and nothing against PQ at all.)
Buy a motor controller, HD solenoid and 2g cables instead.

You will be surprised how capable the stock motor is when you upgrade the controller.

Even with an upgraded motor, you are still limited by how much juice the controller can give it. (250a vs 500a)

All solid advice. Something to think about. I just don't want to break the bank. Let me ask you this, would replacing the controller and battery cables to a heavier gage increase torque or just speed? While 19mph isn't that bad I do notice slower speeds up hills. I don't have a lot of hills but think I'm lacking torque of course. Again, I just don't want to break the bank but understand nothing is cheap either.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 04:59 PM   #9
Dragracer_Art
Gone Wild
 
Dragracer_Art's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: GA
Posts: 352
Default Re: Increase speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
All solid advice. Something to think about. I just don't want to break the bank. Let me ask you this, would replacing the controller and battery cables to a heavier gage increase torque or just speed? While 19mph isn't that bad I do notice slower speeds up hills. I don't have a lot of hills but think I'm lacking torque of course. Again, I just don't want to break the bank but understand nothing is cheap either.

You will get torque and speed.

It was literally night and day difference in my cart.

With the speed code 4 controller I could muster 21mph with new Trojans and stock tires.
With no other changes, it went 27mph with the Alltrax and had gobs more torque. With 23" tires it now goes 31mph.
Dragracer_Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 05:15 PM   #10
erict
Gone Wild
 
erict's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Michigan
Posts: 1,361
Default Re: Increase speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragracer_Art View Post
You will get torque and speed.

It was literally night and day difference in my cart.

With the speed code 4 controller I could muster 21mph with new Trojans and stock tires.
With no other changes, it went 27mph with the Alltrax and had gobs more torque. With 23" tires it now goes 31mph.
On average, how much does a controller, HD solenoid and battery cables set me back?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Increase Speed Gas Club Car
club car speed increase speed sensor Electric Club Car
Need to increase speed 08 txt PDS. How? Electric EZGO
Ez Go Speed Increase Electric EZGO
Speed Increase Electric EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This Website and forum is the property of Buggiesgonewild.com. No material may be taken or duplicated in part or full without prior written consent of the owners of buggiesgonewild.com. © 2006-2017 Buggiesgonewild.com. All rights reserved.