lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2020, 11:57 PM   #1
locomotivator
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 04 precedent 48v runs then solenoid drops out

I recently obtained an 04 Precedent 48v Club Car with a 3" lift kit. The cart will be going along and then all of a suddenly it will stop and you can hear the solenoid drop out. Letting up off the pedal and then pressing down again may get a result of the solenoid picking up again with the cart going anywhere from 1 inch to 500 feet before it reoccurs. At times you can let up and press down on the pedal and there is no clicking from the solenoid for several tries and then it finally picks up again. Also I have noticed that when it does go for any long distance it tends to slow down just a bit. I wouldn't think that the batteries would be causing the solenoid to drop out but I am use to working on a 1984 Club Car. Could the MCOR be causing these problems? Is there anyway to check the solenoid or MCOR while driving the cart? Any help you guys can provide is greatly appreciated.
locomotivator is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2020, 04:51 AM   #2
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 04 precedent 48v runs then solenoid drops out

Could be the micro switch in the mcor acting up..Unplug the 2 pin connector from it and jump the connector on the harness side with a paper clip or similar and try it...

What is the pack voltage under load...Clip your meter on pack pos and pack neg...Floor it and see what the voltage drops too..Could also be the solenoid itself....They take a beating.. ...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 09:27 AM   #3
russhull
Not Yet Wild

I have a similar issue but not quite as bad with an 02. Recently replaced the MCOR with no results.

I can hear a click when it stops running and only having to press on the accelerator again to restart it.

Would it be the solenoid? I did not think so as when I push start, it runs every time. Just when I cruise does it stop and the coasting alarm will kick off.

Any thoughts?
russhull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 09:32 AM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

locomotivator, do as movin-on suggest as it appears to be your issue.

russhull, you better off starting a new thread as different cart models have different systems and don't work the same at all.

Post your cart serial number so we know what type of system you have.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 10:32 AM   #5
locomotivator
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok, I will do as he suggests to see what results I get. Cart is at the camp and I am going to check it this weekend. Will post results on Sunday evening or Monday morning. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-05-2020, 02:02 PM   #6
locomotivator
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin-on View Post
Could be the micro switch in the mcor acting up..Unplug the 2 pin connector from it and jump the connector on the harness side with a paper clip or similar and try it...

What is the pack voltage under load...Clip your meter on pack pos and pack neg...Floor it and see what the voltage drops too..Could also be the solenoid itself....They take a beating.. ...
I jumped across the connector as you suggested and the cart never stopped unexpectedly. I have ordered another MCOR. It should be here tomorrow. Thanks for the advice.

As for the battery pack voltage, when I unplugged the charger, I got 52.7v from the pack. While driving the voltage dropped to 46.5 volts. When I stopped the voltage came back up to 50.2 volts. I only drove it approximately 4 minutes at most. Can't find a date stamp on the batteries unless it is covered by the hold-down bars. Time for new batteries?
Old 10-06-2020, 04:37 AM   #7
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Good deal...Battery reading is fine...Shouldn't drop below 42v under load...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car