lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-13-2021, 12:11 PM   #11
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2008 EZGO PDS - Won't Run but no Fault Code

For Sepex motor, connect F1 to A1, F2 to A2 and put voltage across A1, A2. Motor should run.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-13-2021, 02:47 PM   #12
phoenix001
Not Yet Wild

You were right about the brushes. 1 connection to a brush was completely severed. How that happened I don't know, but right before the cart completely died, it was stuttering as it moved forward. when I opened up the motor the pads with the coils were fairly dirty (I cleaned them) so is it possible that caused the stuttering and maybe the fried connection to the brush. I ordered new brushes. How do you remove the commutator so I can get to the old brushes easier?
phoenix001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 05:13 PM   #13
Dan Craig
Not Yet Wild

Sorry to drag this up from the past - I am working the same issue with one of our carts.

My question is: what is a likely cause for two of the brush wires to fry? There was a significant amount of oily carbon dust inside the motor - could that have caused this or are we likely to fry another set because we have a short somewhere else?

I haven't yet had a chance to spray any cleaner through the field or armature - is electrical contact cleaner acceptable, brake cleaner - or should I use something specific?
Dan Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 09:17 AM   #14
Scott quail
Gone Wild

Running a cart on low voltage could cause the brushes to get hot along with the wires. The dust you see in the motor is from the brushes and its normal to see dust but if it is excessive then the issue is likely from running low voltage, bad connections etc.
Scott quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 12:09 PM   #15
Dan Craig
Not Yet Wild

Good to know, thanks. As we go through and get the cart fixed up loose connections will be tightened up but nothing has been evident thus far.

This is a cart for our landscape guys - they may well be loading it heavy or keeping a foot on the accelerator without moving.

Time will tell if this continues to happen.
Dan Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO