lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2022, 02:44 AM   #1
Mickey's Workman
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Toro Workman pre-purchase ?'s.

Hi Folk's.
New member from Canada. I'm looking at buying a 2006 workman. I'm including the VIN#07264TC-260000162. Can someone tell me the model # as i'm not sure of it? Also,is there anything I should be looking for that may cause issue's down the road.
It run's great,only has 600HRS on it. Has the B&S 2 cyl engine in it. Also has the auto start and stop feature and electric dump box. The only thing i've noticed is the throttle cable may need adjustment.
Thanks in advance,Mickey.
Mickey's Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2022, 03:17 AM   #2
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Toro Workman pre-purchase ?'s.

The model number is 1110, series is 07264 as in the numbers you quoted. The serial number is the second string of numbers. You can find all the manuals on the Toro website. There is a downloadable parts manual at the bottom of the parts section.

https://www.toro.com/en/parts/partdetails/?id=29742

No major issues with these Workmans Just keep an eye on the clutches for wear and make sure the drive belt is in good condition to keep performance on level. The fuel filter should be tucked up by the front cylinder and not easy to change, the front cylinder spark plug has a habit of fouling, so it is the first thing to check if feeling underpowered or running rough. Regular oil and filter changes are a must with these, and if you do this, the engine will be very reliable.

Make sure to regularly grease the steering parts or the steering will get very stiff over time.

The twin briggs engine is much better than the single cylinder Kholer, so you have a head start on performance.

The only other common issue is the pedal switch. It operates two functions, start and run on two terminals, and stop on the other two. If you find that the engine does not crank when you push the pedal, check the pedal switch first, If you find the engine continues to crank when you let off the pedal, also suspect the pedal switch. The switch is in fact two switches in one, with one side normally open and the other normally closed. If you ever need to replace it, you must get the correct one, not just one that looks the same !!

Your last statement regarding the throttle cable? I doubt adjustment is needed at only 600 hours. The throttle works in two stages, first the pedal switch activates to energise the ignition and crank the engine, then further pushing the pedal opens the carb butterfly. People think this is not right and tighten the cable, this then affects operation of the engine governor if done incorrectly and can also cause the engine to backfire when letting off the gas and then pushing the pedal again. All the information you need is in the link I have given, including the service manual.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 11:34 PM   #3
Mickey's Workman
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Thanks for the reply. The reason i mentioned the throttle cable is there is a lot of pedal travel. when you first push gas pedal it starts to crank,but you seem to have to push quite a bit more before the butterfly starts to open. thought that may be an issue and need adjustment.

The previous owner unfortunately was not to mechanically inclined. the oil definitely needs changing and it needs greasing. Otherwise all seems good with it.

One more quick question? When starting cold,do you pull out the choke until it starts then slowly close as it warms up?

Thank again,Mickey.
Old 02-23-2022, 12:06 AM   #4
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

You can get the info from the service manual I linked to I think, to set the throttle. And yes pull choke first start of the day and slowly push it in while warming up. Once running it should not need choke for the rest of the day.
Old 02-23-2022, 12:24 PM   #5
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey's Workman View Post
Hi Folk's.
New member from Canada. I'm looking at buying a 2006 workman. I'm including the VIN#07264TC-260000162. Can someone tell me the model # as i'm not sure of it? Also,is there anything I should be looking for that may cause issue's down the road.
It run's great,only has 600HRS on it. Has the B&S 2 cyl engine in it. Also has the auto start and stop feature and electric dump box. The only thing i've noticed is the throttle cable may need adjustment.
Thanks in advance,Mickey.
Cartmaster is well experienced on these type of carts (the word expert comes to mind) and is advice is "spot on".

It sounds like a great, low hour cart. I had a quick look online and did not see any older carts with low hours ... this one has only seen about 40 hours per year so hopefully is in great shape too. These don't come up often, so if I were you I would jump on it.

If you decide not to buy it, let me know as I have a friend looking for something like this. They make great farm carts.

Let us know how you make out ... and post some pictures too!
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 02:38 PM   #6
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Thank you for the kind word threeC lol. I too would jump at a low hour good condition workman. On a par with a gator for reliability, but smoother and nicer to drive.
Old 02-23-2022, 02:51 PM   #7
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

I have a neighbor when would only drive green (John Deere) ... and he went through a number of Gator carts.

He ended up switching to Kubota carts ... but his tractors are still green.
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 07:30 PM   #8
Mickey's Workman
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Ok Ok,y'all sold me on it! I'll buy it. LOL I'll post some pic's once she's all washed and cleaned up. We also are gonna use it on a farm where we board our three horses. Lot's of pasture to clean up.
Thanks for all the good info.

Mickey
Old 02-24-2022, 07:27 AM   #9
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Just a side note here! I dont expect you to see this problem any day soon at such low hours, but a common problem later is the adjustment of the park brake. I am only mentioning it as many have got it wrong in the past and messed the brakes up.

The adjustment is done on the actual park brake hand lever. The end of the lever is actually a threaded knob and is held from rotating by a small grub screw. To adjust the park brake you loosen the grub screw first and then turn the end knob of the lever clockwise ( i think ) to tighten the brakes. Really easy to do unless the threads have seized. It is good practice to check occasionally and lubricate the threads. I would dismantle the parts and apply copper grease, but i guess a squirt of WD40 or similar would be fine.
If you try this, dont forget to re tighten the grub screw when done.

Again all this info should be in the manuals i linked to.

Page 7-9 in the service manual.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts