lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2022, 10:21 PM   #11
Ernest T
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2010 Yamaha G29 Gas Buying Advice?

OK, I'm going to start with tweaking the governor. Is there any way to get to it with the rear seat in place, or am I going to need to remove the rear seat? Looks like an aftermarket rear seat kit.
Ernest T is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2022, 07:37 AM   #12
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

BE SURE to change the diff oil with the oil designed for the wet braking system not just conventional 80-90 diff oil. The only place I could find the recommended "Yamalube Friction Modified Shaft Drive Gear oil was on line from Motosport. The oil I drained out that cart was very dark, dirty and thin. I was glad the owner agreed to the diff oil change. I also put one of Don Plowman's belts on it to really smooth out the carts take off.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 10:04 AM   #13
Ernest T
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
BE SURE to change the diff oil with the oil designed for the wet braking system not just conventional 80-90 diff oil. The only place I could find the recommended "Yamalube Friction Modified Shaft Drive Gear oil was on line from Motosport. The oil I drained out that cart was very dark, dirty and thin. I was glad the owner agreed to the diff oil change. I also put one of Don Plowman's belts on it to really smooth out the carts take off.
Is this the right gear oil? How much do I need?

Old 05-16-2022, 10:19 AM   #14
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

That is the right oil and you need just under 2 quarts.
Old 05-16-2022, 08:20 PM   #15
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

The change itself is pretty easy. Some videos on Youtube but the drain and fill plugs are pretty obvious. I pulled the bolted in rear seat and bag well out for fill plug access and jacked the cart up for drain plug access. When I seen how bad the old oil looked I let it drain for a good while. I saved some of the oil for the owner so she could see how bad it looked. She bought it off a off an ATV/motorcycle dealer who must buy tons of carts from somewhere. Lifts them up, paints them up and adds fancy wheels. Also added a rear seat and windshield BUT didn't bother with the CVT belt and transaxle fluid.P.S. When you drain that old fluid out you will have a pretty good idea of how that cart has been maintained.
Old 05-16-2022, 08:56 PM   #16
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Good info ray
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 03:11 PM   #17
Ernest T
Not Yet Wild

Got the transaxle oil changed today. The photo shows what came out. Looked pretty dark with lots of particulate. How often should this be replaced? Thanks for the help!

Old 05-25-2022, 04:07 PM   #18
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Good thing you changed it. How often would depend on how much you drive the cart. Looks like the previous owner wasn't to careful. The G 29's I changed out looked even worse.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha