lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2016, 03:54 PM   #11
Patela2oh
Gone Wild

If you click on the image it will take you here:

http://www.alltraxinc.com/Products_FN.html

You can watch videos on the install / read the manuals etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patela2oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2016, 04:04 PM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax NEW switch on the fly XCT and SR controls

The confusing part is what exactly does the 'Regen knob' do on the FNKS model.

The description kind of implies it is a generic "Range knob" that affects any and all of the sliders that have a 'Range' defined.

Other parts of the manual clearly states it only controls the Regen slider range.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 04:30 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

My impression is it will adjust just the regen within the user set perimeters. They are pretty clear about this in the manual "For Regen you can set the Minimum and max values in EACH profile that correlate to the full left of the knob
(CCW) and the max value slider for the full right knob (CW) "
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 04:42 PM   #14
handyman7653
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Sergio got it. The new Ezgo controls coming out soon will have a new J4 pug for the FN control.

Handyman, to answer your question.

With the FNKS you have to set your ranges in each profile beforehand. (that's 3 profiles, normal and 1 and 2) Once those are set you can limit/increase your rpm within those ranges and if you want a different range you just change profiles. To set the actual range, you have to lengthen/shorten your little slider bar, if you hover your mouse over the ends you’ll get the double sided arrow which lets you extend/limit your ranges. If you want to only adjust one of the sliders with your knob instead of all three you just set your min/max to the same number (wherever you want it all the time) and it won’t have the ability to move but the other sliders will.
I hope this clarifies. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Yes, I totally understand the setting ranges bit. With the FN control once the range has been "set" in the software you can then dial in the max rpm from the lowest to the highest in that range by turning the control knob CCW or CW "ON THE FLY" without going into the software.
With the FNKS you pick pick one of 3 profiles that you set in the software with a max rpm range (lets say 3000 - 6000 rpm). Now the problem is that you have NO way to adjust (set) the max rpm in that range "ON THE FLY" as you do with the FN control. I'm guessing with the FNKS the max rpm will be the mid point in the range or in this case 4500 rpm and that set point is not changeable in real time outside the software.
If there is a way to do this, please let my know... I'm trying to decide which control will meet my needs the best.
handyman7653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 04:48 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'll ask
Old 07-11-2016, 05:25 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Okay so the answer I go confirmed what I thought. You can set the 3 modes so they have sequential speed ranges or LIMITS. And in this way you can switch speed but there are additional options here like also setting sequentially higher regen to apply more breaking with each increased speed range. Or eliminating regen in high (or any) range as a sort of freewheel mode. Looks like a lot of options.

I chose the FNKS for my trial unit.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:08 PM   #17
handyman7653
Not Yet Wild

Talking Re: Alltrax NEW switch on the fly XCT and SR controls

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Okay so the answer I go confirmed what I thought. You can set the 3 modes so they have sequential speed ranges or LIMITS. And in this way you can switch speed but there are additional options here like also setting sequentially higher regen to apply more breaking with each increased speed range. Or eliminating regen in high (or any) range as a sort of freewheel mode. Looks like a lot of options.

I chose the FNKS for my trial unit.
I will probably choose the FNKS for my setup also.

Just to recap... with the FNKS controller you can select any of the 3 programmable profiles that can be setup in the Toolkit Ver 3 software. They are labeled Normal, User1, and User2. Each can have a different max rpm speed setting, but no ON THE FLY changes to the speed setting as in the FN1 or FN2. You can also have other parameters changed in each of the profiles like Turbo or No Turbo, Street or Turf, different plug braking current, and different motoring armature and battery max amps. You can set a different REGEN range in each of the 3 profiles and adjust the amount of regen within that range ON THE FLY using the REGEN knob. Does that about sum it up

BTW.. thanks to all for all the input on this subject. Hope as time goes by Alltrax will make the operation manuals for the controllers a little less ambiguous. But all in all I'm a happy camper with the Alltrax XCT and I am sure I will be happy with the FNKS.
handyman7653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 06:22 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyman7653 View Post
I will probably choose the FNKS for my setup also.

Just to recap... with the FNKS controller you can select any of the 3 programmable profiles that can be setup in the Toolkit Ver 3 software. They are labeled Normal, User1, and User2. Each can have a different max rpm speed setting, but no ON THE FLY changes to the speed setting as in the FN1 or FN2. You can also have other parameters changed in each of the profiles like Turbo or No Turbo, Street or Turf, different plug braking current, and different motoring armature and battery max amps. You can set a different REGEN range in each of the 3 profiles and adjust the amount of regen within that range ON THE FLY using the REGEN knob. Does that about sum it up

BTW.. thanks to all for all the input on this subject. Hope as time goes by Alltrax will make the operation manuals for the controllers a little less ambiguous. But all in all I'm a happy camper with the Alltrax XCT and I am sure I will be happy with the FNKS.
YEs I believe you got it. Just to be rhetorical you can set 3 different speed limits in the 3 different modes. So you can switch speed by switching to a different mode with a different speed limit. Hope this helps
Unfortunately the user manuals for these type of things fall into one of a few categories which can be a little hard to grasp in some areas. I'm happy to present any questions you guys have on these gizmos to Alltrax where tech asks engineering to be sure we get the right info

Good night
Old 07-11-2016, 06:39 PM   #19
jhnmflr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Oh boy, new stuff! Sounds good an order will be placed shortly!
jhnmflr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 07:45 PM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Alltrax was nice enough to put a unit in my hands for testing. I'm holding the FNKS. It looks as clean as the pictures. It comes with some Gorilla grade self sticking Velcro for attachment - it has no mounting hardware. The Mode switch clicks sharply into the 3 positions. And the Regen knob rotates easily.
It has a 6.5 ft lead. So that's the distance from the controller to the mounting location. Right away I spied a mounting place next to the F&R below the edge of the seat that was easy to reach.
I see a penetration on the face so I will ask about exposure to water. That's all I have to offer now. More when I get time to install in my CC Precedent test cart which has the XCT400.

Thanks for following along.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car