lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2016, 08:13 PM   #1
larrybi
Not Yet Wild

Default controller

anybody had any experience with GE controllers....looking at a #585 for DS series club car 96...any info would be greatly appreciated......
larrybi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2016, 08:31 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: controller

FSIP makes GE controllers in the USA. We have sold them for many years with good results. These controls are used almost exclusively in our solid state conversion kits . They are simple and reliable with manual adjustments for max output and throttle ramp rate. They carry a 1 yr factory warranty.

Note 1996 was the change year for CC throttle input signal. Early yr carts had 0-5k and late yr carts had the new 5k-0. It's best you check your carts output with an ohm Ω meter at the controller. Simply unplug the wires at pins 2 & 3 and stick the meter probes into the spade connectors. Have somebody press the gas while you watch the meter.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 08:50 AM   #3
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

You'll find many members on here use the FSIP controllers by GE with great success. I don't think I've come across any threads where a member was complaining about them. I got mine with the solid state conversion package from ScottyB and it's been great with zero hiccups thus far!
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 09:03 AM   #4
larrybi
Not Yet Wild

thanks guys for your response....I appreciate it very much
Old 07-18-2016, 09:08 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

There are other options but, I think the GE is the least expensive 500 - 700 amp control you will find for this cart.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 06:05 PM   #6
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Larribi, if your getting rid of the stock Curtis controller, Ill be more than happy to take it off your hands
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:09 PM   #7
larrybi
Not Yet Wild

Golf Cart Guy, if your interested we can work it out....I just need to get more torque and from what I understand a new 500a controller will do it along with a few other items. Got to get in touch with Scotty B and get something ordered.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car