lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2016, 09:14 PM   #11
Deehop
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: My First Build 2000 DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
I guess you could remove the upper control arms and reshape them. Make them shorter.
Have you seen this done before? I need to do something because I don't like the look!!
Deehop is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-22-2016, 09:23 PM   #12
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'll look at my DS tomorrow. The simplest solution if the spring is correct would be to de-arch it or extend the length of the spring hangers at each end on the kingpins. Changing the upper control arm length will cause all kinds of geometry problems. I've had the same problem on the transverse springs on the rear of Corvettes. The aftermarket replacements are not even close to the correct rate so sometimes you must lengthen the end hanger bolts. I know that's a bad comparison but the principle is the same. Let me know what happens when weight is added. If it levels out when you're in the cart, no problem.
55BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 10:08 PM   #13
Deehop
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55BigBlock View Post
I'll look at my DS tomorrow. The simplest solution if the spring is correct would be to de-arch it or extend the length of the spring hangers at each end on the kingpins. Changing the upper control arm length will cause all kinds of geometry problems. I've had the same problem on the transverse springs on the rear of Corvettes. The aftermarket replacements are not even close to the correct rate so sometimes you must lengthen the end hanger bolts. I know that's a bad comparison but the principle is the same. Let me know what happens when weight is added. If it levels out when you're in the cart, no problem.
Thank you! I have heard of de-arching. When you talk about lengthening the hangers I would need more info on doing this. Thanks again!!
Old 08-23-2016, 08:48 AM   #14
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

I looked on my DS this morning. If you lengthen the Kingpin bracket, you would not be able to go back to a stock wheel. Probably not a big deal. The other issue is the possibility of your tires rubbing. Let me know if you need more information.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:23 AM   #15
Deehop
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
I looked on my DS this morning. If you lengthen the Kingpin bracket, you would not be able to go back to a stock wheel. Probably not a big deal. The other issue is the possibility of your tires rubbing. Let me know if you need more information.
How do you go about lengthening the bracket or would it be easier to de-arch the spring? Thanks!
Old 08-23-2016, 09:40 AM   #16
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Could the spindles be bent?
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 10:12 AM   #17
Deehop
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Could the spindles be bent?
I am going to have it de-arched by a spring shop. I think that might be my best bet. Thanks for your help!!
Old 08-23-2016, 03:31 PM   #18
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Before you do anything review the eccentric center bolt adjustment in section 7 of the service manual. Make sure that spring is centered correctly before you do anything. I have a feeling its off to one side.

Old 08-24-2016, 08:46 AM   #19
Deehop
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Before you do anything review the eccentric center bolt adjustment in section 7 of the service manual. Make sure that spring is centered correctly before you do anything. I have a feeling its off to one side.

I made the adjustment with the spring screw and there is still some bowing at the top. Its not far off but if you are looking at the cart from the front you can still see it bowing. Thanks for all your help!!!
Old 08-24-2016, 11:20 AM   #20
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Keep us posted. Good Luck
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car