lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2016, 08:59 AM   #1
hmsnider
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default RXV Turn signals

I'm finally getting back to my project from last year to install turn signals on my 2008 RXV. I am told by the supplier that since I do not have the factory light kit, I will need to do some rewiring. They recommended a universal kit AND a new wiring harness. Hope this is enough info but was wondering if anyone knows just how much re-wiring will be required.

Thanks,
hms09
hmsnider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2016, 08:50 AM   #2
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Default Re: RXV Turn signals

Look at light wire harness.

if there is multi pin square connector under cup holder, you can probably get upgrade kit.
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 09:34 AM   #3
hmsnider
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I have the multi pin square connector. Think its 9 pins. Does This make it easier?

Thanks,
Harry
Old 09-24-2016, 10:11 AM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmsnider View Post
I have the multi pin square connector. Think its 9 pins. Does This make it easier?

Thanks,
Harry
I think he's referring to underneath the cupholder top, not the CAN Bus/Run Plug connecter underneath the bottom. There are 3 flimsy metal nuts along the underside of the rearmost edge of the bottom cupholder housing. Remove those and the top can be lifted up and pulled out to access the wiring beneath.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:13 AM   #5
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Here is the accessory wiring diagram.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pre282012_Accessory_WD.jpg (171.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-24-2016, 10:32 AM   #6
hmsnider
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks, and yes that's the plug I'm referring to also.

Harry
Old 09-24-2016, 11:01 AM   #7
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

My RXV had the headlight/tail light kit and no brake lights or turn signals. I added one wire in the aftermarket light harness to each light location, unbonded the turn signal wires from the one power wire that ran everything, and installed an aftermarket turn signal switch. I used an LED flasher unit and upgraded to the all LED headlights prior to hooking up the turn signals/brake lights. The turn signal switch is really the heart of the upgrade. You supply it with brake light and flasher signals, and it selects how they are used. The controller has a brake light output that usually turns on a brake light relay. But there is also a brake light PWM with programmable parameters that could be used to drive brake lights directly instead of a relay. I chose to use the relay rather than risk my LED lights to a controller malfunction. Bulbs are more forgiving of voltage spikes than LEDs are.

Bob
Old 09-24-2016, 12:15 PM   #8
hmsnider
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Bob, I'm waiting on parts (Turn signal and separate brake lights kits)right now. Should be in next week. I'll see what I've got when the parts arrive.
I already know this is above my head but gonna learn by trial and error. Its good to know you're there for help! Thanks.

Harry
Old 09-24-2016, 12:33 PM   #9
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmsnider View Post
Thanks Bob, I'm waiting on parts (Turn signal and separate brake lights kits)right now. Should be in next week. I'll see what I've got when the parts arrive.
I already know this is above my head but gonna learn by trial and error. Its good to know you're there for help! Thanks.

Harry
The factory tail light assembly should already have what you need. There are 2 light circuits, tail and stop/brake. The turn signal switch combines brake and turn for you so you do not need a seperate brake light.
Old 10-22-2016, 04:42 PM   #10
hmsnider
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Finally got it done . Mostly by trial and error but I did learn a lot. Looking back it was or should have been very easy. I did have to cut one of the head and tail light harness wires. This wire was tied directly to the lights and caused all lights to flash when the turn signal was engaged. After getting rid of that wire everything worked perfectly.

Thanks to all that replied.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO