lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2009, 11:42 PM   #1
Powersmokein
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 200? club car

I have a 200? Club Car with the FE290 motor that recently decided its not gonna crank, I drained the gas,and put on new filters,drained the oil and new filter, cleaned the carb, new air filter, new spark plug and new ignition solenoid,but ended up putting the old solenoid back on while testing just to make sure I didnt screw anything up. the starter spins over,but with the spark plug out it will only spark once and its very randomly that it does at all. i checked all wireing connections and grounds that I could find. I checked the little black box deal and its connections aswell any ideas anyone??? someone told me its like a lawnmower motor and i need to pull the top end off and clean the piece that spins and creats a spark for the spark plug. I know nothing about lawn mowers or golf carts, I inherited this one and only have had 1 gasser and 1 electric before this.
Powersmokein is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-06-2009, 11:50 PM   #2
Radicalgolfcarts
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 200? club car

Its got something to do with your ignition. I know you said tha everything is connected and good, but I think there is a way that you can test your ignition. Not sure but is the rpm limiter and the ignitor one in his cart???? Is there a way you can test them with an OHM meter???
Radicalgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:05 AM   #3
Powersmokein
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

theres a black box down near the oil drain, and theres the ignition solenoid, and theres a little white block near the ing. sole. but thats about it, cant find a coil or anything not real sure what to do
Old 12-07-2009, 12:15 AM   #4
Radicalgolfcarts
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I am stupid
Radicalgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:05 AM   #5
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

black box on front of engine by oil drian is rev limiter. you said you drained oil and fuel, but didnt metioned you filed them up. i will have to assume that you did put oil and fuel back in after you drainedit! joking! does it work in n both the service mode and the normal mode? or still the same erratic spark. this may take the micro switch on the f r switch out, then only the kill swith/ run switch in the soloind box. it the weird looking box in front of the battery, and the air box.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:19 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckiguy View Post
black box on front of engine by oil drian is rev limiter. you said you drained oil and fuel, but didnt metioned you filed them up. i will have to assume that you did put oil and fuel back in after you drainedit! joking! does it work in n both the service mode and the normal mode? or still the same erratic spark. this may take the micro switch on the f r switch out, then only the kill swith/ run switch in the soloind box. it the weird looking box in front of the battery, and the air box.
[color="red"]There are 2 microswitches stacked at the accellerator cam, the lower one is the ignition kill. It may be going bad? PS, it works on a ground circuit to the rev limiter [COLOR]
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:51 PM   #7
Powersmokein
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
[color="red"]There are 2 microswitches stacked at the accellerator cam, the lower one is the ignition kill. It may be going bad? PS, it works on a ground circuit to the rev limiter [COLOR]
ok so before i start trying to pull the motor i should try takeing out the bottom "micro switch" from the black box next to the solenoid and the fuse block thats connected to the accelerator lever. (just summing up what I should do) how do I get it out???
Old 12-07-2009, 12:58 PM   #8
Powersmokein
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

is it possible to bypass this micro kill switch thing what ever it is ??? and does anyone know if the arctic cat wheel bolt pattern is the same as a club car?? I think I wanna try and get more power and torque and lift my club car. Gotta lot of work to do to my arctic cat so mine as well get the club car to meet what i need it for in the mean time
Old 12-07-2009, 07:10 PM   #9
Powersmokein
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

ok i took the 2 wires loose from the bottom micro switch and bridged them together with a piece of wiire, so iam to assume that this means my coil is bad. how do i get to the coil?? is it like a lawn mower motor where I have to pull the cover off the fly wheel and its under that??? I have a B&S snapper rider that I could rob the coil off of if it'll work, but will that work??? anyone chime in,Iam completly new at this stuff
Old 12-07-2009, 07:12 PM   #10
Powersmokein
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

what is service mode and normal mode and how do u change modes btw???
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car