lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2010, 07:16 AM   #11
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Default Re: custom club car lift for college...

How about the rotation on the Kohler, will it match the OE rear end? Or will you need to run it in reverse??

Nice work so far Bad92Silverado
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2010, 12:22 AM   #12
Bad92Silverado
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks radical and essness... im pretty proud of it thus far... not the most beautiful cart.. but im proud to be its owner.. hahaha. and the kohler and the rear in this 95 will be correct in the sense of "forward" actually moves your forward...
Bad92Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:49 AM   #13
Bad92Silverado
Gone Wild

Club Car

morepower.. you wanted some more pics of how i incorporated the hydro front brakes to the origional mechanical rears and kept the mechanical rears attached... here are a few pics....

its actually pretty simple.. the cam (welded on tab (lever)) on the brake pedal rod that runs under the cart is used to pull the shaft to the rear brake cables... so i took a drill and drilled a hole lower on that cam and threaded the end and took that U bracket shown in the pics and attached that to the mastercylinder lever off the quad as you can see. then by moving the location of that U bracket it modulates differently and applies more or less throw at a specific time in order to proportion the braking force to somewhere around 70% front and 30% rear like it is in your car... a pretty simple setup if you really think about it...

ps... i made rear shackles in order to get an even ride height... and i made them straight and lined up the springs with the frame rails.. why are the rear stock shackles bent... i know they are splaying the leaf springs.. but what good does this do for a golf cart.. i have only seen this in racing applications for a better hook up of the car.. but i normally see it as the front springs are closer together rather then the rears... any one understand this?

Old 01-24-2010, 01:40 AM   #14
smoke1983
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I like the cart man, it is looking great. how much clearance u have to the floorboard? just curious
smoke1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:16 PM   #15
Bad92Silverado
Gone Wild

Club Car

the floorboard clearance (at the bottom of the floorboard) is right at 20". im pretty happy about that. hahaha

i am currently working through the electrical nightmares currently and once that is solved ill be driving this thing. i cant wait... then ill tear it back down and get everything all painted up real nice. hopefully tomorrow i will have the electrical all redone.. i think i am going to tear it all out and redo it from scratch...
Old 01-28-2010, 08:27 AM   #16
shaneomac
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hay Bad, any updates? This is a very interesting build. Can't wait for the test drive update.
shaneomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:03 AM   #17
Bad92Silverado
Gone Wild

Club Car

the update is like this.. i did a custom wiring harness for practically everything... and then ran the engine.. but didnt take it out as i didnt finish the throttle linkages yet... now the throttle linkages and all controls for that matter.... and the starter died... so i have a new one on its way and i should have it together by tomorrow... and then drive it this weekend to work out any kinks before i paint everything..

thats where it stands.. ill take some pics today of the throttle linkage setup and all some time today and try to post it tonight...
Old 01-29-2010, 10:43 PM   #18
Bad92Silverado
Gone Wild

Club Car

just had the cart out for the first time today and it did pretty good. i have an issue in the steering wheel.. i think the splines are broken in it as it turns a quarter turn without contact then engages.. make it alittle tricky to drive. so i need to do something about that. the big block is treating me well and i will be sending my rear clutch out to tom at cpp to get machined shortly..

what do you guys think of the red hood... i think i might change that.. but to what color... i am going to put a double bar brush bar on the front with a bull bar on top housing (2) 4" fogs.. so that might pull from it alittle bit and make it all blend in and not look so bright...

Old 01-30-2010, 06:48 AM   #19
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

i like the red look. has a interesting look to me. seems sproty. i have the forrest green and with the factory black brush gaurd, i have been pondering to have it changed. but i came to the conclusion, its a work horse. it always has been and always will be. i will try to attach a photo for you . well i cant figure how to get it out of my phone and into the pc.
i will figure it out ....i hope.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:11 AM   #20
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Nice work, like the red
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car