lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2013, 11:39 PM   #1
Lavorn
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Help with my G22 ignition

I have a 2003 G22 that ran fine when I bought it a couple of months ago but now runs fine when its cold and when I've run it for 10-15 minutes it sputters, coughs and finally stops and appears to no longer have any spark at the plugs? We thought it was a gas problem and installed and new fuel pump and rebuilt the carb and then found that it actually had zero spark at the plug after it warms up? that is weird? Any suggestions?
Lavorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2013, 06:12 AM   #2
gray horse
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Help with my G22 ignition

Could be a coil that is going bad. When it gets hot it quits working. I've seen this happen on bikes before.
gray horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:04 AM   #3
Lavorn
Getting Wild
Yamaha

It gets kind office to just start replacing parts so can you tell me how to test the coil to be sure that I am replacing the right thing this time? We thought it was a gas problem and bought a new fuel pump already and then found out that there was nothing wrong with the old fuel pump. The coil is not hot when the machine quits? It never gets hot at all?
Lavorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:44 AM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

I agree with Gray Horse, it's time to change your TCI (what your calling a coil). When you lose spark (when it's been run awhile), then regain spark when it cools down.....its the TCI.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha