lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-10-2014, 09:11 AM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: pedal question 97 txt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny eric View Post
update.... now mind you this morning we are at 45f in the garage but I put the charger on while waiting to put the kids on the bus and watch the voltage climb steadily to 44.9-45v (blinking between the 2) before it shut off. I wish I would have checked this before adding water to my batteries on Saturday. It also seems my total pack voltage is recovering a little now reading 37.87 12 hrs after last charge.

I agree my Powerwise charger may not be pushing enough voltage but..is that a issue with the charger or batteries that weren't maintained? The reason why I am asking is I see a slight improvement on the packs after 3 cycles. I still have to get specific gravity measured.. so that is an unknown at this point.
Batteries have a huge thermal mass, so the electrolyte temperature lags air temperature by several hours.
FWIW: I monitor my motor temperature and use what it reads before the cart is moved for the electrolyte temperature in my battery related calculations.

They are up to 90% now. That is heading in the right direction.

It is an issue with both. The charger's voltage is a bit too low to fully charge the US Battery batteries and the batteries have been chronically undercharged. Other than being undercharged, the batteries appear to be healthy and may recover fully, or close to it.

The improvements you are seeing are fairly normal. Charge the living daylights out of them with the Powerwise charger and they will improve some more.
However how much they will improve will be limited by the charger.

The eighteen month old batteries that came with my cart (Trojan T-105) would only take a 85% charge and after a couple weeks of back-to-back charge cycles and shallow discharges followed by a charge cycle (with a Powerwise II charger), I got them up to 95%. At that point I switched to a charger with dT/dV technology and they eventually would charge to 100% SoC.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO