lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2015, 03:17 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ??? for ScottyB

Thanks for your help JohnnieB
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2015, 08:40 AM   #12
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Update, I cleaned and reassembled the F/R switch and the cart has not failed in a week. Lucky or Problem solved?????? I will keep driving it and report back!
busman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 09:59 AM   #13
DaveTM
Gone Wild

All good advice here. (That's because your dealing with the best electronic tin foil hat guys in the business. ) It could very well have been your F\R switch as you had shown in your pics. Before I upgraded to a Super Duty reversing contactor, if my F\R switch contact's looked like yours I would have cleaned 'em up. The only other item you may want to check and clean up would be your contacts at the motor. Now, be careful that you don't turn the bolts on the motor deeper into the motor. Just the nut on the motor should turn. (Not the nut holding the wrench either ) I usually clean the motor connections once a year.....but I drive thru a lot of mud and dirt as all of my driving is off road.

FWIW

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:18 PM   #14
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks dave,i had pq redue my motor because of this issue and the issue was still there so i do not think that is the problem so i will see how turkey hunting goes. Hope i do not have to walk 11/2 miles back to the camper lol!
Old 04-13-2015, 10:28 AM   #15
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Cart acted up again but a little different this time. I was accel and for a split second there was not power but then off the cart went and run fun the rest of the trip. This happened after traveling about 50 ft where always before it would be when leaving a stop. Any ideas???
Old 04-13-2015, 10:41 AM   #16
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Man....that is weird. Just for "Shiggles" check where your heavy wires go from your controller and your F\R switch, to the motor. The point you need to look at is right where they "wrap" around the battery cage....right at the corner. Just make sure that the heavy cables have not rubbed thru or "cut" there and are not shorting out on the frame. Yeah....it's a long shot.....but, ask me how I know.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 10:54 AM   #17
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Intermident problems suck..... Good luck
cableguy_hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 12:51 PM   #18
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Look at the MOLEX plug from the throttle box to the wiring harness. It gets intermittent.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 08:35 PM   #19
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm with yurtle on the plug, I have had that happen several times, and have had the same problem you're having and it turned out to be loose end on b- cable. Twist and pull on all those ends! It don't take much to make it intermittent cause problems.
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 07:16 AM   #20
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks,i have had the plug apart several times but will check again as well as the wires. Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO