lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2015, 10:49 PM   #1
bjw127
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Battery Retsore Solution

I am just checking if anyone has used the battery restore solution off of ebay to get any extra life out of their batteries. I just spent 625 on a new motor today and i wanted to wait a little longer for batteries so i can upgrade to 48 v and it isnt feasible for a few more months.
bjw127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2015, 12:03 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery Retsore Solution

It's pure snake oil ... not really gonna help your batteries.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 04:03 AM   #3
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

The chemist I work with says it won't do any good and could cause harm to your batteries, I tend to trust the experts when they are not trying to sell something.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:02 AM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

The restore method that works is to remove and replace with new ones.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:05 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
The restore method that works is to remove and replace with new ones.
HA haa - Battery restore = take old batteries out and very carefully exchange them for new batteries at the store
Old 05-22-2015, 11:50 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjw127 View Post
I am just checking if anyone has used the battery restore solution off of ebay to get any extra life out of their batteries. I just spent 625 on a new motor today and i wanted to wait a little longer for batteries so i can upgrade to 48 v and it isnt feasible for a few more months.
For the most part, the battery rejuvenating additives are snake oil, however if you follow the instructions WITHOUT adding any of the the crap to the batteries, you may get some improvement.

The instructions typical tell you to add the stuff and then charge the batteries repeatedly with back-to-back charges. Basically, it is the back-to-back charges that perk up the batteries, not the snake oil.

The T-105 batteries that were in my used cart when I bought, would only charge to 85% SoC and after charging the living daylights out of them for a month, they were at 95%. Then I switched to a charger that went into float charge after the regular cycle ended and by the next summer they were up in the 98%-99% range.

Initiate a charge every morning after being placed on charge the night before. Initiate another charge or two or three during the day if the cart is not being used. If the cart is used, put on charge after each use, no matter how short the trip is.

Keep an eye on the electrolyte levels, the batteries are going to be gassing a lot.

There are a lot of variables, so your batteries may not respond as well to back-to-back charging as mine did, but it won't hurt the batteries or cost anything to try it.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 03:22 PM   #7
bjw127
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Battery Retsore Solution

My batteries could be fine I think the powerwise we charger that came with the cart went out. It always says low voltage and won't charge even when charged from my neighbors charger. I get up to 38.7 volts after 12 hours off the charger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bjw127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 05:22 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That's a full charge.... now see what it drops to under a load. Attach the meter and head up the nearest hill. Sometimes a seemingly good battery will drop a cell under load.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO