lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2015, 10:42 AM   #1
wesdog
Not Yet Wild

Default Voltage Reducer with Fuse Panel Question

I just got all my parts and electronics in and am about to start my upfitting. I got the voltage reducer from Scotty and I also got the fuse panel. My question is since I have a fuse panel should I leave all of the in-line fuses on the electronics that came with them in the wiring or wiring harnesses? Or should I cut them out? Does it hurt to leave them and if I do is it double protection? Also I am gonna put the radio on one of the 20 Amp fuses that came with panel, but does it matter what size fuse I use for other small electrical items?
wesdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2015, 10:45 AM   #2
polocheck
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Voltage Reducer with Fuse Panel Question

I left them in but put a little larger amp fuse on the inline holder and the recommended amp in the fuse box. example. 15 amp radio. I'd put a 20 amp on the inline and a 15 amp in the fuse box. That way if it blows it will be the one in the fuse box and easy to change.
polocheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 10:50 AM   #3
crash test dummy

Default Re: Voltage Reducer with Fuse Panel Question

yes you can leave stock fuses in-line it will be harder to check which fuse blew i would remove them and wire everything to fuse box ... it is not double protection .. yes size matters ... you must meet the amp draw on any electronics .. a 10 amp fuse will work on a 5 amp item but it will not protect it as item will burn up before 10amp fuse blows ... rule is to match fuse to item
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO