lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2016, 08:39 AM   #11
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: Bandit motor with Alltrax making a winding sound

How old is the bandit ? if fairly new it could be the brush noise until they seat.
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2016, 10:03 AM   #12
Stripes136
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

The motor is about three months old – I honestly kind of like the way it sounds. It sounds like a jet turbine.
Stripes136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:14 AM   #13
cmar143
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes136 View Post
Thanks Scotty - I think a motor upgrade is going to be the best option. I am so limited and feel the Bandit is not the right match for my heavy foot.

Anyone have any suggestions on a reliable motor that would pair nicely with the Alltrax XCT 500?

Thanks
if you are looking for a new motor the Advanced Motor part number 7144 is a pretty fast motor paired with a 500A controller. But if you are experiencing some whining sounds most likely there is a controller setting off. Anything is possible but I doubt there is a problem with a 3 month old PQ motor.
cmar143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 11:27 AM   #14
begvis
Not Yet Wild

Any update on this? I had the exact same situation yet with a xct 400. Whined excessively on all different settings...until it replaced the whine with smoke, lots of it. Only the motor was hot, very hot...Controller, solenoid, cables all cool to the touch. Lost all its speed, limped home, waiting on Robbie @ PQ to call me back
5 year old PQ Bandit with 2 month old controller
begvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 11:34 AM   #15
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Sounds like you overheated the motor. I did that with my stock Hitachi motor when I got my new controller. I now have a D&D motor and it is running nice and cool! I have a temperature monitor on the motor and the case near the brush end is only getting up to about 115 degrees F which is about 35 degrees F above ambient.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 12:27 PM   #16
begvis
Not Yet Wild

I spoke at length with Robbie. He wanted to see why it was overheating. I hooked up voltometrr on a fully charged pack. 50.7 resting, under acceleration dropped to 42v and settled at 44 or 45. I know the pack is old, but never heard of a motor killing itself from low pack voltage. He and I were concerned if i buy a new motor will it not last, and namely, what caused my 5 year old bandit to do this a month after alltrax install. Robbie wants turbo off, 8 pole for speed sensor and normal field map. Turbo off, it was slower than stock control. All tye settings got it running great. 25 mph and would lose 2 mph going up our steepest hill. Motor is coming off, he mentioned the next step up from Bandit be the best course in his opinion. I wanna hear about others, and whwt model D&D volt? What contoroller did u install and how is its performance.
After i find some more money on the money tree, im gonna convert to an 8 volt battery from the 4 12volts presently
Old 04-24-2016, 02:56 PM   #17
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

My Alltrax is XCT 500A. My D&D motor is ES24-14 which is a high torque motor. I have high speed gears in my Yamaha which is why I need a high torque motor. The D&D runs very cool compared to the stock motor with similar controller settings. I am running Lithium batteries which run about 54 volts nominal, 56 V after full charge.
Old 04-25-2016, 03:32 PM   #18
begvis
Not Yet Wild

Im gonna probably go with a 502.2 Ill give D/D a shot. Had 5 good years with PQ. Great upgrade for lil dough. The D/D motors seem to have a better marriage with Alltrax. Im gonna probably need some advice of setting up controller now Im looking at a new motor. Field maps? max RPM, turbo on/off etc. I wanna make sure I dont burn this one up

What are the differences in the 502.2 vs the PQ Bandits/ Assasains/ Executioner. Its right at the price point of the middle PQ motor. Have no idea what to expect vs the Bandit

Begvis
Old 04-25-2016, 04:09 PM   #19
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Alltrax can give you the correct field map for your motor. I was worried about overheating my new motor because my stock Hitachi motor overheated very easily. I even added a thermometer to the case near the brushes. It is not running that hot - with better performance than the stock motor.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car