lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2016, 10:53 AM   #1
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Default Need opinions on a new motor

Just getting started with a complete overhaul of a 1999 36V resistor cart. Converting to 48V and solid state electronics, just waiting on a few more parts to come in from Scottyb, Buggies Unlimited and American Lift Kits in the next few days. I'll be using Scottyb's C74 package:

700 amp controller
HD solenoid
HD SW202 reversing contactor switch
2ga cables
Also, 22" knobby tires, 6" Arm lift and HD rear springs.

But, I'm stumped on the motor, because I want a good balance of torque and speed. I plan on using the cart for travel in the woods when hunting, yard chores (hauling garden soil, lawn carts, etc.) and cruising our neighborhood with the wife and child. Been reading on here of the various motors other members are running and just can't decide. Read good things about the PQ rattlesnake II and executioner, AMD 7144, D&D Beast and GE motors.

Can you guys give me feedback on what you have and if you're glad you went with your choice or wish would've chose something different?

Big thanks!
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2016, 11:39 AM   #2
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Need opinions on a new motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
HD SW202 reversing contactor switch
Excellent upgrade to your package sir. You are well on your way to a reliable bad to the bone machine.

Sub'd.
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 12:09 PM   #3
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Yes Sir. That thing is robust to say the least.

Just want to use the 700A FSIP to it's fullest potential without having to go back and wish I wouldn't done something better later on.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:22 PM   #4
bbbdale
Gone Wild

I bought the Beast motor last month. Runs 21-22 on the roads and lots of torque to get up the fire breaks and logging roads.
bbbdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 01:56 PM   #5
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Did you go with the ES-81? Are you satisfied with the speed/torque ratio you have with it? I see you have a 500A controller. I wonder if I'll be able to put the full 700A I have for an increase without damaging the motor?
Old 04-25-2016, 02:20 PM   #6
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

What is the exact model of your batteries?

...Tools ...Toys (same thing) :)
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 07:04 PM   #7
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Very happy with my PQ Rattlesnake II , it plays well with my 700 amp controller. im reaching low 30's on the flat with 23's
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:03 PM   #8
bbbdale
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
Did you go with the ES-81? Are you satisfied with the speed/torque ratio you have with it? I see you have a 500A controller. I wonder if I'll be able to put the full 700A I have for an increase without damaging the motor?

I'm real satisfied with pavement speeds of 21-22. The cart does great in the woods too. I do wish I had a setting to turn speed way down in the woods as most the time I'm creeping a long at 5mph.

Golfcartking had the best price.

bbbdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:29 PM   #9
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
Very happy with my PQ Rattlesnake II , it plays well with my 700 amp controller. im reaching low 30's on the flat with 23's
Robby at PQ suggested I get the rattlesnake II also. How long did it take you to get your motor after ordering? How's the torque feel? Would you feel confident getting through the woods over small logs, rocks or sandy soil worth your cart? Thanks for your help!
Old 04-26-2016, 07:59 AM   #10
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

it took about 2 weeks or so to get from the time of ordering. I dont have a problem going over anything or going though sugar sand or mud . wouldnt want to run though a mile of it not saying it couldnt do it , just not into beating the motor (heat kills) but the occasional mud puddle, sand trap , or soft spot on a trail is no problem. I had a 36 volt , 3500 rpm, 3.5 hp DC Motor in a 48 volt cart before and i got to say that the set up had a touch more torque and less speed then the new set up. If your looking for the best of both worlds(speed/torque) this motor will give you that pair up with 700 amp controller. Able to handle the heat you will throw at it not like the 36 volt melt down i had. Almost 3 years on PQ and still going strong in a daily driver.

here is the thread when i got the motor : http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...000-cc-ds.html
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car