lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2016, 10:16 AM   #1
Rexwood
Not Yet Wild

Default Ds sepex or series for hunting cart

I currently have a 2012 Precedent and am looking to do another build, this time with a DS model. The cart will be used strictly for hunting. What are the Pros and Cons of the Series verses the Sepex cart? I plan to upgrade the Motor, Controller, tires, Wheels, Cables and whatever needs to be done as well as lift kit. Since I am going to do all that does it matter if I get a Series cart or a Sepex cart?

Thanks,
Rex
Rexwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2016, 10:06 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: Ds sepex or series for hunting cart

The series carts have been known as the 'workhorse' carts, but recent advancements in controller technology have put sepex carts with them. I have a lifted sepex cart with an Alltrax XCT and love it.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:57 AM   #3
txpres
Gone Wild

Club Car

In my experience the weak link in the Series carts is the F/R switch. I had a 96 CC with large controller and big motor. Even the heavy duty F/R switch would sometimes fail. I replaced it at least once every year.
CartsUnlimited has a Reversing Contactor that eliminates the high current flow thru the F/R switch. If I was building another Series cart, I would use the Reversing Contactor!
txpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:55 AM   #4
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have a 2002 DS that's my hunting cart and is not a series model. I upgraded my suspension but I have no issues using it on a fairly rough lease with hills on a little over 2000 acres. I haul 400lbs of feed on it regularly as well as plenty of game taken. This is before the suspension upgrade but I think you get the picture. (pun intended) I have had no issues with anything I was "warned" about yet.
passthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:33 AM   #5
glassk
Gone Wild

Club Car

That's my 99 Powerdrive Plus I have to work around our place and keep from getting her cart muddy. I don't hunt so not sure what a Hunting Cart may need other than more ground clearance,...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pedro the.jpg (646.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg MFDC4400.jpg (369.2 KB, 0 views)
glassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 11:24 AM   #6
Farm Buggie
Getting Wild

Club Car

My 07 DS iq does very well in the woods and on the trail. I would make sure before you buy a cart that it has either 6-8 volt or 8-6 volt batteries. I don't recommend the 4-12 volt setup. Just my .02
Farm Buggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 01:37 PM   #7
swm63
Gone Wild

Hey passthru, what kind of lift did you have before you 'upgraded' the suspension? I like the look in the pic, for my kids carts. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by passthru View Post
I have a 2002 DS that's my hunting cart and is not a series model. I upgraded my suspension but I have no issues using it on a fairly rough lease with hills on a little over 2000 acres. I haul 400lbs of feed on it regularly as well as plenty of game taken. This is before the suspension upgrade but I think you get the picture. (pun intended) I have had no issues with anything I was "warned" about yet.
swm63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 03:08 PM   #8
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

It's a standard Jakes lift but I added HD dual action springs.
passthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car