lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2016, 02:00 PM   #11
Scarp
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 19.8mph, PlumQuick Motor, Stock Controller, 4g wires and SW180 Sel.

how would I accomplish a voltage test under load, while running?
Scarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2016, 02:45 PM   #12
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Hook your DVM to one battery at a time and drive the cart while watching the DVM. (I know don't text and drive!) Also watch where you are going!
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 03:00 PM   #13
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

When you roll downhill can you feel the regen braking kick in at max speed. (19.6)
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:00 AM   #14
Scarp
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

dont have the cart yet to see, it is being built.... When I get it home I will be testing it and see if it does regen when going down hill full speed...
Old 05-06-2016, 08:56 AM   #15
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Until you know your charged and rested battery voltage as well as under load battery voltage you have nothing to base your carts lack of speed on... The very first sentence in Plum Quick's claim to speed is "good a quality battery pack" and if your batteries are 4 years old they are not that anymore...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 09:03 AM   #16
Scarp
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I get it, the pack is 2014, I have not had my hands on it yet to see and check each cell for opens or what have you... I will document each cell and the pack voltage and individual voltage under load... THEN we can see where to go from there.

Thanks guys it so helpful....
Old 05-06-2016, 09:05 AM   #17
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

I see in your other post that the batteries are 2014 and how did you determine this? Not to be mean spirited here but we have all read at least a thousand post where the OP was lied to about battery age. Also what brand and exact type of batteries do you have? Do you have 4 x 12 or 6 x 8

With Electric Carts it ALL starts at the batteries and it don't matter how much HiPo stuff you got down stream if your starting with weak batteries you still got nothing....
Old 05-06-2016, 01:40 PM   #18
Scarp
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

ok I kinda do trust this guy, for many reasons I wont get into... In any event , they are date tagged 2014, all his 2012 CC carts he bought from CC have 2014 batteries in them. I am not sure what kind of batteries they are, they did not have a known brand tag on them, they are black, but they came from CC. I know I have no idea at this point if they are bad or good, I need to get my hands on the cart to see...

He does sell Trojan batteries and I can get them at a very good price if I want.

My cart has 6 8V batteries. But thinking I could get a year or two out of the 2014 batteries with a BLS in the cart, I opted to add more things to the build.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:28 PM   #19
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

One would think 2 year old batteries would still be good, but then again we don't know why the OP batteries were changed at 2 year either or how they were treated. Get them charged and checked out and go from there.
Old 05-07-2016, 07:39 AM   #20
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Tire height, pressure, gears, brake drag exc can all reduce speed, check with an alternative gps also. I have 2012 cart with original golf course batteries and for a short period I can hit 17.5 mph, stock motor controller, with a handheld gps. Tires are slightly higher than stock, street 12's. Call pq after going through everything you can to get the most out of it but I think there is something holding you back like the programming of the controller, you may need to check it to make sure what is programmed in it.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car