lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2016, 07:40 AM   #1
mgra8859
Not Yet Wild

Default 2010 club car no lights, horn or flashers

My 2010 club car precedent has no lights, flashers, horn or speedometer but the it runs great. They all were working intermittently, so I replaced the old original batteries. Now they stopped working altogether. I checked all fuses, cleaned ground connections and checked for loose or broken wires. The backup beeper still works though.

Any thoughts on what I should do next?
mgra8859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2016, 12:01 PM   #2
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2010 club car no lights, horn or flashers

Sounds like a voltage reducer issue (or the wiring, fuse, etc from the reducer).

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 12:31 PM   #3
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

It sounds like you forgot to hook the wire to the #4 or #5 battery. If i remember correctly it's a #10 blue wire. It's power for the lights circuit.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 01:32 PM   #4
mgra8859
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for your replies. There is no blue wire to the batteries. The problem was intermittent, i.e lights fickering on and off. After I replaced 7-yr old batteries with all new batteries (and I was very careful to take pictures, cleaned the cables with sandpaper and replace EXACTLY as it was before), the lights came on, horn and flashers worked for a while. Then they all went out along with the speedometer (which was also resetting intermittently prior). However the car runs great with the new batteries.

This is actually a Villager 2+2 and is an LSV. I found a 20 AMP fuse was blown, it is near the controller and has blue wires going to it. But the replacement fuses blow as soon as I reconnect the batteries (in the correct order, postive cable first and then negative, and then put the tow/run switch back to run).

So maybe the DC 48V to DC 12V converter is bad or I have a short somewhere. Looked all over but can't find a short.
Old 06-13-2016, 02:33 PM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Sounds like your converter is bad or you have a short in your 12V circuit.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 02:47 PM   #6
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile Re: 2010 club car no lights, horn or flashers

Look closely at the wires coming out of the converter that supply the 12v power sometimes they get a rub spot depending on how they are routed...you may have to slide under the cart to see the problem area...
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 07:02 AM   #7
mgra8859
Not Yet Wild

I agree a short seems to be the most likely culprit, but based on the just the sound of one the 20amp fuses popping (pow!) it sure seemed like a lot more than 12 volts. I think the blue wire is actually 48V going TO the converter, but I need a VOM and wiring diagram to be sure. I can't find a service manual or wiring diagram for the villager 2+2. I found a parts manual which has some partial wiring diagrams but not the complete diagram. Back on the ground or pay the $80 an hour.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:41 AM   #8
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Disconnect the 12v output from the converter. If the fuse still blows you have a bad converter. That's usually the 10 ga red wire.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 01:04 PM   #9
mgra8859
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, good call! I'll do that this weekend when we're back down at the RV resort. Had to come back to reality for a few days.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car