lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2016, 07:19 AM   #1
Theflyinglineman
Gone Wild

Default 6 volt to 8

I know it probably would not last long but what would happen if I changed my 6 volt batteries to 8. My cart is a 36 volt 1995 CC DS. Cart is stock with the exception of the motor apparently before I bought it the previous owner had the motor rewound because it will run 17-18 mph. I am going to upgrade in a few months to solid state so it would not have to last long but I would not want to hurt the new batteries because they would get transferred over to new cart. And obviously I would buy a new charger.

Thanks
Adam
Theflyinglineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2016, 02:53 PM   #2
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

Default Re: 6 volt to 8

you'd need 4.5 batterries
4 wouldn't supply enough voltage
5 wouldn't charge
_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 04:03 PM   #3
Theflyinglineman
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ogre View Post
you'd need 4.5 batterries
4 wouldn't supply enough voltage
5 wouldn't charge

I guess I didn't explain it properly I am wondering how long it would last to put 8 volt batteries in place of the 6 volt batteries making it a 48 volt cart with 36 volt guts. And I would buy a 48 volt charger.

Thanks
Adam
Theflyinglineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 04:25 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It may last awhile or it may last 5 minutes if you try to go slow
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 05:14 PM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

If you switch to 48 Volts, you need to upgrade everything. Solenoid and Controller AND CHARGER. Your 36V motor is ok at 48V.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 06:48 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
If you switch to 48 Volts, you need to upgrade everything. Solenoid and Controller AND CHARGER. Your 36V motor is ok at 48V.
It's a resistor cart.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car