lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2016, 05:11 PM   #1
flkeysdude359
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Momentary battery light...

2011 DS, 48v IQ drive. Just went for a quick ride and my battery light came on for a second and the cart stuttered, light went out and it then ran again. This happened twice. Fortunately, I wasn't far from home so I was able to get back without incident. I immediately checked the SOC of the pack and it was 49.1v (about 75% according to the chart in the stickies). Each individual battery tested at 8.2v. MCOR and solenoid was changed this week (Thank you David...) so I'm confident they have no effect on this new issue. Cables appear to be tight. Cart is on the charger now to top off the batteries. Any thoughts as to where I might be missing or where I should start...???
flkeysdude359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-08-2016, 06:47 PM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Momentary battery light...

Actually 49.1v is less than 70% SOC....

I would try to reset the OBC first by disconnecting the pack negative for more than 10 minutes and then let it run a full charging cycle.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 07:13 PM   #3
flkeysdude359
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks Sergio...will do...

As always, I genuinely appreciate and respect your input... :o)
Old 12-08-2016, 09:16 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

I'm glad I was able to help you get your cart running, but the orange light on the dash should be totally irrelevant to the actual functioning of the cart. The car should not stop running when the light is on. It should have no effect on the system what so ever. It's just an indicator that the OBC isn't happy about something. It could indicate that your previous charge cycle didn't finish, or the battery voltage is too low. I agree with Sergio, re-boot the OBC and see if it helps. If it doesn't, bypass the OBC temporarily to see if it makes a difference. I've seen them fail before and intermittently shut down the entire system. Call me if you have any questions tomorrow. I'm not on the forums much during the daytime hours because I'm usually underneath a golf car having the time of my life. I always have my phone though.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 09:58 PM   #5
flkeysdude359
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks David...I plan on re-booting the OBC tomorrow morning...if that doesn't work, you can bet that your phone will be ringing...!!! ;o)
Old 12-08-2016, 10:00 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by flkeysdude359 View Post
Thanks David...I plan on re-booting the OBC tomorrow morning...if that doesn't work, you can bet that your phone will be ringing...!!! ;o)
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 10:38 PM   #7
flkeysdude359
Gone Wild
Club Car

Just a shout out (and big thanks...!!!) to Sergio and David. Resetting the OBC and a good charge seems to have solved the problem...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car