lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2017, 01:42 AM   #11
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2014 Precedent Roadster Build

Your list shows that Signals are fitted but I can't see anything in the picture of the front (unless they are part of the light bar). Where are they fitted and can we see a picture of the rear?

Great looking build by-the-way, well done.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-08-2017, 04:39 PM   #12
SKD
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Yawood - Correct on the front turn signals being part of the front light bar assembly. There are amber colored LED's on the corners. I've attached a photo taken from the rear, not the best but the only one on my phone at the moment as I'm in Stavanger on business this week. Should be back home Sunday and will take some photos of the front with the turn signals turned on as well as better shot from the rear.

IMG_4034.jpg
SKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 07:24 PM   #13
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

That's right, I just remembered that in the US you can flash the red brake/tail lights. In Australia we have to have separate tail (red), brake (red) and signals (amber) at the rear (& white reversing of course).
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 06:27 PM   #14
SKD
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Next item on the build - lithium conversion. Received the 6400Wh pack from Nick today, install planned for tomorrow. Cart is running at 35.3 MPH with the current lead acid pack, should be interesting to see how it runs with the lithium.

Lithium Pack.jpg
Old 02-23-2017, 06:34 PM   #15
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Is that pack complete?
Charger included?

How difficult is the install on a Precedent?
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 06:54 PM   #16
SKD
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I'll find out tomorrow on the install difficulty, need to make a run to the hardware store for fasteners in the morning. Pack is 13" x 20", I have some 1/2" UHMW that I'm going to put down to create a false floor in the battery compartment. I'll need to trim some of the plastic in the center of the battery area where the main harness runs. Plan to use some 1-3/4 spacers to stand the UHMW off (there's a molded shoulder in the bottom of the battery tray at the back to support the sheet as well). This should allow room to run the harness and other cables underneath.

Planned on running the primary power cables through the removed OBC. Had considered relocating the controller and solenoid to the battery compartment for accessibility but had concerns about loosing the additional heat sink from the aluminum back panel.

Previous photo was the pack with the BMS installed. The charger came with the kit, still debating whether to mount it in the battery compartment or keep it loose.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Charger.jpg (281.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Battery Bay.jpg (217.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-25-2017, 03:22 PM   #17
SKD
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Install of the lithium pack completed, no majors issues getting the pack in. I used some 1/2" PVC couplings as spacers to stand the UHMW sheet off the bottom of the battery floor, 5/16" carriage bolts to fasten it down.

Only tricky issue was that I removed the OBC completely so I could run the new +/- battery cable through the aluminum bulkhead plate. When I went to power everything up the controller wasn't coming on. Trouble shot and found no power on Pin 2 (Tow/Run Input) of the 1268 controller. I wound up jumping the wire and blue wire on the deutsch connector from the main harness (no longer plugged on since the OBC was removed.

Cart definitely feels quicker, top speed increased around 3 MPH to 38.5. The lower weight now has the back end standing a bit high, looks like some spacers will be need to be added between the spring and axle to level it back out.

Base.jpg Lithium Install.jpg CC.jpg
Old 02-25-2017, 03:29 PM   #18
SKD
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

2nd mod for the day was replacement of the rear shocks. The closest ones I could find were KYB KG4528's. Close to the original Monroe shocks, still have plenty of stroke for my cart.

Being gas charged install was a bit more difficult that removal. Installed the upper end first then used a floor jack to compress the shock. Once the bottom pin was above the lower mounting plate I bumped the shock off the jack to land it on the plate.

KYB1.jpg KYB2.jpgKYB 3.jpg KYB4.jpg
Old 03-16-2017, 08:27 AM   #19
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKD View Post
Next item on the build - lithium conversion. Received the 6400Wh pack from Nick today, install planned for tomorrow. Cart is running at 35.3 MPH with the current lead acid pack, should be interesting to see how it runs with the lithium.

Attachment 147770

Was this one of the packs on Nick's site or something custom you two came up with? What AH? I'm looking at some of his packs and have emailed with him. I was looking at a 64AH 3400WH pack but wonder if that'll be enough run time.... thanks for posting your experience...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:29 PM   #20
SKD
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

This was one of Nick's packs, originally contacted him about the DIY54120-17 Assembled pack shown on his website, 120 Ah. I spoke to him on the phone, provided details on my cart set up. He wired it with 2ga cables as that was what I was running through the rest of the cart. I've been very pleased with the conversion, definitely tell the difference of the reduced weight. Top speed has been 38.5 mph, acceleration is impressive.

He mounted the Anderson connectors for the main and charger to the end plate as well which makes in handy when connecting.

Last edited by SKD; 03-16-2017 at 09:38 PM.. Reason: Added detail
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car