lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2017, 10:41 AM   #21
bjohanns
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: FSIP speed motor upgrade question

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I just did this, the FSIP motor did not increase speed in the Precedent beyond 19mph.
The controller limited the motor rpm. The speed remained at 19 mph with the OEM controller set on code 4.
Code 4 goes 19mph. Both Ezgo and CC limit maximum speed to 19mph.
Call the dealer to verify.
With the Alltrax alone I can get 23mph from these carts. These are real GPS results.
You may be seeing modified speed sensor results.
scottyb, I am leaning towards the Alltrax controller upgrade first to see how 23MPH will be. I have 22x11x12 tires. Will that size hinder expected mph results?
Bob
bjohanns is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2017, 11:01 AM   #22
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohanns View Post
scottyb, I am leaning towards the Alltrax controller upgrade first to see how 23MPH will be. I have 22x11x12 tires. Will that size hinder expected mph results?
Bob
I'm running 18.25" diameter tires and can now hit 22-23 with the Alltrax controller and stock motor running only 5000RPM. I can also spin the tires a dozen feet on launch. Math tells me you will hit 27 at that RPM with 22" tires. You'd be surprised at how important the controller is to speed and performance.
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 11:35 AM   #23
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

I've been reading that if you upgrade the controller unless your foot is always to the metal you'll get a herky jerky ride whenever there is a bump. I guess the theory is the bigger controller gives a too fast response. Might explain the reason for the OEM if that's true. You'ld have to ask those that have the upgrade to verify though what I'm reading is correct.

I drive gravel roads with family, for me going 23mph all the time would not be a good thing just to avoid a jerky ride. Others may not have this type of issue if they are in paved gated communities or something close to that nature. Just one more thing to think about before spending time and money on the cart.
Cruise Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 11:38 AM   #24
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise Master View Post
I've been reading that if you upgrade the controller unless your foot is always to the metal you'll get a herky jerky ride whenever there is a bump. I guess the theory is the bigger controller gives a too fast response. Might explain the reason for the OEM if that's true. You'ld have to ask those that have the upgrade to verify though what I'm reading is correct.

I drive gravel roads with family, for me going 23mph all the time would not be a good thing just to avoid a jerky ride. Others may not have this type of issue if they are in paved gated communities or something close to that nature. Just one more thing to think about before spending time and money on the cart.
You can lower the acceleration/throttle rate to avoid it. That was my wife's first complaint. Her driving style is not pedal to the metal like mine so I created a program for her with about half the rate of mine. It is fully adjustable.
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 04:05 PM   #25
bjohanns
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregorio View Post
I'm running 18.25" diameter tires and can now hit 22-23 with the Alltrax controller and stock motor running only 5000RPM. I can also spin the tires a dozen feet on launch. Math tells me you will hit 27 at that RPM with 22" tires. You'd be surprised at how important the controller is to speed and performance.
Thanks this info!
bjohanns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 04:50 PM   #26
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:

I read - I guess- I'll have to ask.
Yet you slander a good product?
For best results have somebody with some understanding of controller set it up for you. You should not have any of the trouble Cruise master describes.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 08:14 PM   #27
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:

I've installed many a Alltrax controller with none of the throttle issues you're describing. My reason for this post was because I've never done one for an IQ cart before and was wondering which way was better to achieve the 25mph, motor, or controller. I got my answer, and a controller is on the way. I'll post results this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 08:23 PM   #28
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I think some are mis-reading Cruise Master's response. I see no malice or ill-intent to it. He was simply sharing his interpretation of what he has seen and read and the obstacles he encounters in his own environment. He even stated "You'ld have to ask those that have the upgrade to verify though what I'm reading is correct." and I interpret that as ask the experts - not that what he said is gospel.

And I do not personally know Cruise Master, but I have seen him be a very beneficial member in regards to helping others so I would never see him intentionally doing something to the contrary.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 08:30 PM   #29
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
-snip- I got my answer, and a controller is on the way. I'll post results this weekend.
And my understanding with the Alltrax controller is it is self calibrating in regards to the MCOR/pedal position and is supposed to give a lot more in regards to tolerance so there are not fluctuations from the MCOR signal as with old style controllers. I have only seen good results from anyone using them ONCE they understand them and the intricate details of its capabilities.... Have fun with it!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 08:57 PM   #30
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok, update. Got the controller in on Thursday (2 days from left to right cost, thanks Scotty) installed on Friday afternoon. I upgraded the battery cables to 4 gauge welding lead Friday as well. Not a lot of speed change. 19-20 before, 20-21 after. Finished the rest of the cable upgrade today, but still no change in speed. Definitely can tell an increase in torque. It will spin 23" all terrains on the dirt.
Scotty, anything I can try in the settings on this thing to squeek a little more speed? Field maps? My PC is currently down, all I have is my Mac which won't work. Gonna get the PC going soon. Overall still a nice upgrade to a lifted cart.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car