lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2017, 12:59 PM   #1
firemn09
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Admiral A2 motor with xct500 field map problem

Been going on this forum for a couple months now while getting my cart dialed in and now I finally decided to become a member. So I installed an xct500 in my 06 club car precedent and I also got an admiral A2 motor to complete the setup. I got the field map emailed to me for the A2 and when I go to load the file on the Alltrax toolkit it says failed to load. It has done this with 2 versions of the field map. The field map I have for the stock motor will load just fine. Am I missing a step here, are the field maps that I received junk, or are there any other thoughts? If someone has a working field map for that motor would you be willing to share so I can try that. Been a frustrating ride upgrading this cart.
firemn09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2017, 01:45 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Admiral A2 motor with xct500 field map problem

You should be clicking on load from file and then select the map. From section 8.3 of the toolkit manual

Directions for Upgrading Field Map: Push the ‘Load from File’ button located under the Setting Functions of the Controller Settings tab. When prompted select the proper field for your motor.

These maps are just maps without any auto loading feature. I think we found the problem.
A 3rd different version attached to the last email. Be sure you have Version 6 loaded ultimately.

I hope this helps. I am not in the office today.
See the toolkit manual > http://www.alltraxinc.com/files/Doc1...kit-Manual.pdf
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 07:24 PM   #3
jayT88
Not Yet Wild

i am also getting "failed to load settings" when trying to load from file in the toolkit software. i could possibly have messed up the map when i tried to view the code. xct 500a for admiral mot-a4t and a4s, neither load. brand new cable, only one i have, have uninstalled and reinstalled software.
also says failed to check for toolkit updates at startup.
jayT88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 09:43 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Alltrax offers live software support at 541-476-3565- ext 3
Old 03-24-2022, 10:15 AM   #5
jayT88
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. They said the file can become corrupted since I opened the file to view it instead of just downloading to computer. They sent new field map, all good. Thanks Scotty and William Hopper at alltrax.
jayT88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 12:40 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayT88 View Post
Thanks. They said the file can become corrupted since I opened the file to view it instead of just downloading to computer. They sent new field map, all good. Thanks Scotty and William Hopper at alltrax.
Indeed the file can corrupt (sometimes) if you try to read it. Curiosity gets the best of us. Once a customer told me I sent the wrong map because he couldn't read it

For those of you dying of curiosity, computer field map language looks like this below. And the big WHopper at Alltrax can look at two of these for the same motor and tell you where and how they differ.

HjN "b70'% קTF^
X"nӡM)r
Ϧ 6U劈X*ޢF"۵vw]>f,ρ[t_n3֖ϸ ((4`[
`..}!,Հs*ŝÅ#;c_ATW {{=;ߔcӒzzj⬟.&hq=RO ` |;;݃M`"ǀCžV$ZDi:,9uQH{7 "'kP(#Ɍ*Zy=%~]?*嬴R
.jC`Vߚ37X?7ET[ĥ cz>;zX6cux#._w}
AiG]~ei]|Z>EMEwxBANw*3?x,K\X ~T^EYk_FWZDv!O$``xKQL 9|&K.Ps=֫-╫ FB 
&~=?2ך<Z@J뷬,Һ
紕*5ǻsbY./)0K,KjX
%@N& 8(\x7Iq:qRY״?Y
&?*b=^@[*ad"1SM١iז¹l$PL7juJ\ޱ& %Gѯd k=
Av\Kcqv$R:3oD{OJۥ^ o&+ӐhVt@Ũk~[d.F0A*mU3Gy+ajH 9[zFm\~O`&52L&(<J|̙)[ɨI0
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car