lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2013, 08:16 PM   #11
RPatten
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Club car precedent won't charge!!!!!

Why not a good volt meter? if you are working on your cart you will need it.
RPatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-14-2016, 11:21 AM   #12
ppage100
Not Yet Wild

I spent a few weeks researching this online. Everything was working fine and one day, I plugged in the charger to the cart and the charger 'clicked' after a few seconds, but nothing happened. I checked the batteries and had 48V output; each was fine. I searched for a few weeks. Brought the charger to the shop. "Its fine" I was told. Check the AC. Voila. The GFI tripped on the outlet, so there was no AC power! If the relay trips (that click), then the cart is putting out enough DC voltage. So before you do anything crazy, always check the AC outlet.
ppage100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:25 AM   #13
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppage100 View Post
I spent a few weeks researching this online. Everything was working fine and one day, I plugged in the charger to the cart and the charger 'clicked' after a few seconds, but nothing happened. I checked the batteries and had 48V output; each was fine. I searched for a few weeks. Brought the charger to the shop. "Its fine" I was told. Check the AC. Voila. The GFI tripped on the outlet, so there was no AC power! If the relay trips (that click), then the cart is putting out enough DC voltage. So before you do anything crazy, always check the AC outlet.
yep that can be a problem
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car