lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #11
jdunmyer
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Few questions for RXV

I am just finishing up my DVM installation, using Scottyb's meter. Mine is wired to the black and yellow wires, so it's on all the time. One of the 2 red wires is switched 48 volts, I'm not sure what the other is. I used my milling machine to put the square hole in the dash, but that's just because I have it. Location is similar to Doug's.

If you park your cart with fully-charged batteries that are clean & dry on top, it can sit for a couple of weeks and should still be ready to go. Top it off if you wish, but it won't be much off fully-charged. Your new ScottyB meter will tell you the SOC, so you'll know for sure.
jdunmyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2013, 04:16 PM   #12
Lone Star
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I plan on buying Scottyb's DVM and installing in my oval dash next to the keyswitch. It looks good. I dont currently have a meter in my dash.
I bought a hydrometer and will test my batteries this weekend.
I have a call in to QuiQ to determine my 913-4810 charger capabilities (float or not) and adjust algorithm if required for my current Trojan T1260s. According to manuals online it will auto restart if voltage drops below 50.4V (they call it maintenance).
I will table the TXT aluminum rack and 6X 8V project until current battery situation understood and the new batteries are required.

Last edited by Lone Star; 11-14-2013 at 04:18 PM.. Reason: added info
Lone Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:46 PM   #13
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I waited to convert mine untill my batteries were shot. Just remember when you convert to 8 volt batteries you should invest in a 48-12 converter, which is the way I would go being your cart sits for a week or 2 at a time or a small 5th battery to operate 12 volt accessories. I did the inverter wired to a fuse block on my old cart, it was stolen 3 weeks ago.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:51 PM   #14
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The plastic hold down bracket will have to be cut a little to accomodate the 8v battery terminals, or you could buy a hold down for a new 48v txt. The battery tray needs no modification. I second the suggestion for a 48->12 reducer. This is assuming you already have a 6 battery txt style tray in there. You can buy a 6 battery tray for rxv, or modify a txt tray to fit (i have done both). If modding a txt tray, i suggest starting with a steel txt tray (not aluminum), easier for you to weld, or cheaper to have someone else weld. You will need to add 4 mounting tabs to give you something to bolt to in the rxv.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #15
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I used aluminum so I would not have to worry about corrosion. I did not have to weld or anything just reversed the direction and bolted it to the support bar that runs behind the seat. Required drilling 4 counter sunk holes in the TXT tray worked great
Old 11-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #16
cgtech

Yamaha

If you believed that "no corrosion" line, go look at any old clubcar ds. No rust, true, no corrosion, total bs.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:55 PM   #17
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I didn't know we were going to be so specific on here. Fact is you can install a TXT aluminum battery tray into an RXV with only drilling 4 holes. And it will last longer than metal without the ugly look of a rusted out tray. The end result is all that matters. Pay a little more for a better product. And I did not cut any brackets on my RXV. I could reinstall the original battery tray if I chose to. Just in case I ever decided to sell it.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:47 PM   #18
cgtech

Yamaha

Whatever works, no offense intended. Before ezgo offered a 6 batt tray for rxv, i built one with two "hangers" to rest on top of the original mount pads on the sides, and two tabs on the front that rested in two existing cutouts under the floorpan in the front. Now that ezgo offers one (its nice, and very easy) its hardly worth doing it yourself. Seems like you found an easy enough way.. Now, for a way to have 8- 6v without relocating the controller (and entire wire harnesses).
Old 11-16-2013, 02:56 PM   #19
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

If I had to replace mine, I'd stick with steel. Given that they are both more or less the same thickness, aluminum is already at a structural disadvantage, lose a little steel due to corrosion and it's still REALLY strong. Oxidized aluminum will lose its limited strength sooner. However, both should be coated.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #20
catmcaw
Gone Wild

JohnnieB
Are you a fan of the 6x8 set-up for the RXV?
catmcaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO