lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2013, 09:59 PM   #11
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV trouble going forward or backwards

Pinball,
have you looked into the bearing encoder. That is the only thing I can thing of besides the controller that you have not already mentioned.

Kevin,
I am biased towards the RXV have had 2 of them electric and had to replace 1 brake unit. For all the benefits of the RXV I have no problem buying a brake once in a while. The ride itself, distance capable of going, and not to mention fastest stock cart I am buying my 3rd RXV now but gas since it is a limo.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-06-2013, 12:27 AM   #12
ehuth1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Remove your floor mat and pedal access cover. If there is any dirt or debris trapped in between the switches, it will interrupt the diagnostic check that runs every time you turn the key from "off". Clean this area up and I always coat everything with a light spray of WD-40..... Another thing to try, is upgrading the software on your current controller, this is only achieved by going back to the dealer and letting them hook it up to the programmer handheld.
ehuth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:43 PM   #13
Kevininsc
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerj7907 View Post
Pinball,
have you looked into the bearing encoder. That is the only thing I can thing of besides the controller that you have not already mentioned.

Kevin,
I am biased towards the RXV have had 2 of them electric and had to replace 1 brake unit. For all the benefits of the RXV I have no problem buying a brake once in a while. The ride itself, distance capable of going, and not to mention fastest stock cart I am buying my 3rd RXV now but gas since it is a limo.
Jerj7907 -

How much did the "brake unit" cost to replace? Also, the dealer has 2010 RXVs for $2700 and new 2014 for about 5700. Do you know if EzGo did a re-design that takes care of these problems?
Thanks
Kevin
Kevininsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:51 PM   #14
ehuth1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

2012-up RXV's all have Curtis controllers. That's about the biggest change I can think of. I haven't refurbished a 2012 yet, but I'm assuming it should be bullet proof with a Curtis.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #15
Kevininsc
Not Yet Wild

So the Curtis controllers are the "hot lick" type and if the 2014 have them, I don't have to worry about reliability?
Old 12-07-2013, 09:33 PM   #16
ehuth1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevininsc View Post
So the Curtis controllers are the "hot lick" type and if the 2014 have them, I don't have to worry about reliability?
I never said you wouldn't have to worry about reliability... I just think it's a better controller and it's obvious why they made the switch.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:16 PM   #17
Kevininsc
Not Yet Wild

I agree. I just don't know what to do at this point about my 2007 Yamaha Drive. It is going into the shop Monday for them to check out the 1 yr old batteries (cart died on me at the 16th hole and had to be towed). They tried to put the re-gen code back in but it didn't work. Also, I was told by the service mgr that the re-gen code should not go out of the controller when they replaced the rear end unit the second time. So, he said that he wanted to check the motor, controller, and put a draw-down battery test to see why my fairly new batteries are not giving me enough drive-time.

If he can get it back to where it should be, then I will be happy to keep it for awhile or my other choice is to sell it. Then I would have to choose to either get a new or refurbished Club Car President or EzGo RXV. I just want to have a dependable cart that won't need a new rear end every year or so.

Kevin
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO