lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2014, 05:24 PM   #31
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Where to land "Logic Power" wire after new install

Nothin' but sparks and now smoke and the control still wants to work - your luck is running high.
If you get a ride - go down to the liquor store and buy a lotto ticket
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2014, 05:25 PM   #32
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoythunter141 View Post
OK So I get home and take everything off. I bench check the solenoid and controller just like the document says that JohnnieB posted. Solenoid clicks and controller LED blinks green a couple of times and then stays solid green. So I start from scratch and wire everything up EXACTLY like the document says EXCEPT the Reverse Beeper. Like I said earlier I don't want to hear that SO I use a wire nut and tie the "RED 1 & BLACK2" together with the wire nut. OK All done.... I turn on the key and nothing happens... I give it gas and nothing happens... SO I turn the key off and start to ponder again. I notice that the buggy is in reverse so I turn the key on and go to put in forward. When I do this I hear a poof and nothing but smoke. After the smoke clears I start to look and find that where I had the reverse beeper wires tied together it not only melted the wires but the wire nut as well. ???? Any ideas now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoythunter141 View Post
............. I am an I&E tech by trade so this is really starting to get to me not being able to figure this out..............
What exactly is an I&E Tech? Perhaps I misunderstood.

Sounds like you shorted B+ directly to B-, going through two the contacts in MS-4 and MS-2 and the Keyswitch.

It most likely took out MS-2 and/or MS-4 and possibly the keyswitch also.

It also sounds like the F/R cam was over rotated past the reverse stop and the lever arms on both MS-2 and MS-4 dropped into their respective reverse indentations when the direction selector was moved toward F.

REMOVE the jumper wire between MS-2 and MS-4.
RENOVE the wire nut and separate Red-1 and Black-2 wires going to beeper and isolate those two wire from each other and every thing else in the world.
Remove and isolate any and all small wires on the controller's B- terminal (Only 4Ga cable attached to it for the time being)

Connect your DVM's negative test to the main negative terminal on battery pack.
With Key = ON and F/R in F, touch your DVM's positive test lead to the MS-2 that has the wire going to the pedal box connected to it.
You should measure B+,
If not, check for B+ at wire coming from Keyswitch and keep progressively moving backward until you find it.
MS-2, the Keyswitch and the wires connecting them to the Battery side large terminal on the solenoid may all be bad.

Get B+ to the wire going yo the pedal box and we will proceed from there.
----------

Also, you said the LED controller blinked green a couple times and then stayed steady green. Does a couple mean twice? If so, your controller is programmed for a Pot-Box throttle and I'm pretty sure your cart has a ITS.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 05:41 PM   #33
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Nothin' but sparks and now smoke and the control still wants to work - your luck is running high.
If you get a ride - go down to the liquor store and buy a lotto ticket
Ah come on. You can buy better things at a liquor store than lotto tix. One may work, one WILL work.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 05:45 PM   #34
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Hoyt.....the fact that when you had it in REVERSE and it went FORWARD and vice a versa....this is a PIECE OF CAKE. Mine did the exact same thing first time I fired mine up......Scotty helped me. you can do this one of two ways. at the motor, swap the S1 and S2 cables.....OR swap the same two cables at the other end at the F&R switch. and your done.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:16 PM   #35
hoythunter141
Not Yet Wild

Man I owe yall big time. I finally got it!!! I did have to rotate the F&R switch to fix the forward/reverse issue. That was easy. As far as the wiring goes I get out my trusty Fluke and I get my son to hold the foot pedal down and start at the key switch and make my way to the relay in the foot switch below the floor mat... all is good... I make my way up to the wiring harnace that the 4 wires come into too and as I am testing there BBAAAMMM I hear the solenoid click. A DANG SHORT!!! I cut the wiring harnace off and wire nut them together and off I go. Works like a champ. If I only would have known that 2 weeks ago. I just assumed it was something new and not old since I was driving it right before I tore it down. NOW "For the rest of the story" I take off down my road and make a round and as I am coming back in the yard I decide to test the Torque of that new motor and hit my ditch bank and SNAP!!!! Dang leaf spring broke. So it is parked again until another day. So that is the end guys. I sure do appreciate all the help and when I get some time I will donate some money to this forum as yall have been a huge help.
hoythunter141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:20 PM   #36
hoythunter141
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
What exactly is an I&E Tech? Perhaps I misunderstood.

Sounds like you shorted B+ directly to B-, going through two the contacts in MS-4 and MS-2 and the Keyswitch.

It most likely took out MS-2 and/or MS-4 and possibly the keyswitch also.

It also sounds like the F/R cam was over rotated past the reverse stop and the lever arms on both MS-2 and MS-4 dropped into their respective reverse indentations when the direction selector was moved toward F.

REMOVE the jumper wire between MS-2 and MS-4.
RENOVE the wire nut and separate Red-1 and Black-2 wires going to beeper and isolate those two wire from each other and every thing else in the world.
Remove and isolate any and all small wires on the controller's B- terminal (Only 4Ga cable attached to it for the time being)

Connect your DVM's negative test to the main negative terminal on battery pack.
With Key = ON and F/R in F, touch your DVM's positive test lead to the MS-2 that has the wire going to the pedal box connected to it.
You should measure B+,
If not, check for B+ at wire coming from Keyswitch and keep progressively moving backward until you find it.
MS-2, the Keyswitch and the wires connecting them to the Battery side large terminal on the solenoid may all be bad.

Get B+ to the wire going yo the pedal box and we will proceed from there.
----------

Also, you said the LED controller blinked green a couple times and then stayed steady green. Does a couple mean twice? If so, your controller is programmed for a Pot-Box throttle and I'm pretty sure your cart has a ITS.
JohnnieB YES I did that. LOL I have been looking at this thing for 2 weeks and at this point it was beginning to all look the same. I am just glad that wasn't 480V. LOL All over a dang wiring harness. I love troubleshooting and finally finding the issue though. There is no better feeling. Thanks again buddy!!!
hoythunter141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:35 PM   #37
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Hoyt....as soon as you get the spring.....THEN the fun can begin......and start enjoying your cart!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO