lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2014, 10:17 AM   #41
Nicksel1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Nice
Nicksel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2014, 12:17 AM   #42
Nicksel1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Replaced the solenoid and redid the wiring. 28mph. Not too shabby. Also used johnnie and Scotty's solenoid mounting method. Thanks!!
Old 05-04-2014, 07:05 AM   #43
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Pds ezgo with new lift and 23" tires slower?

Looks like you might have a heat/cable problem on the solenoid high current cable.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:37 AM   #44
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

28MPH with a stock motor and 36V on 23" tires, is definitely in the ballpark.

The gray cable is in the way, so I can't see for sure what all is on the small terminal with the yellow wire, but it looks the red wire is still attached there. The red wire ought to be connected to the large terminal with the high current cable from the battery pack's main positive terminal.

I traced the circuits through the plate of spaghetti they go through and can see how Pin-10 is getting voltage, but I don't understand why the Green LED does not go out when key is shut off, or F/R is put in Neutral.

Back in your post #32 you said "My solenoid turns on (clicks) when I turn on the key but never clicks off when turn off the key?"
I have to have both a direction selected on the F/R and the key on to power up my DCX500 controller, but the solenoid often clicks when my controller powers up, and stays clicked for several seconds. It also stays clicked for a second or three after the cart stops moving.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:55 AM   #45
Nicksel1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
28MPH with a stock motor and 36V on 23" tires, is definitely in the ballpark.

The gray cable is in the way, so I can't see for sure what all is on the small terminal with the yellow wire, but it looks the red wire is still attached there. The red wire ought to be connected to the large terminal with the high current cable from the battery pack's main positive terminal.

I traced the circuits through the plate of spaghetti they go through and can see how Pin-10 is getting voltage, but I don't understand why the Green LED does not go out when key is shut off, or F/R is put in Neutral.

Back in your post #32 you said "My solenoid turns on (clicks) when I turn on the key but never clicks off when turn off the key?"

I have to have both a direction selected on the F/R and the key on to power up my DCX500 controller, but the solenoid often clicks when my controller powers up, and stays clicked for several seconds. It also stays clicked for a second or three after the cart stops moving.

The red wire is on the high current cable side of the solenoid now. Bad picture. Solenoid does click on and off after key on or f/r switch to neutral. Never did before
Old 05-04-2014, 10:05 AM   #46
Nicksel1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
Looks like you might have a heat/cable problem on the solenoid high current cable.

After looking at your response and looking at the picture I was kinda freaked out. Lol looks like it is burnt! Went to the garage and looked. Everything is ok. Just a shadow/bad picture! Lol I was worried for a minute!!!
Old 05-04-2014, 06:25 PM   #47
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicksel1 View Post
The red wire is on the high current cable side of the solenoid now. Bad picture. Solenoid does click on and off after key on or f/r switch to neutral. Never did before
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO