lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2014, 05:20 PM   #11
Brion
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart wont move and no backup buzzer

Here are the picts
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1203.jpg (162.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1201.jpg (85.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1204.jpg (187.7 KB, 0 views)
Brion is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2014, 07:49 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The A1 cable and the F1 & F2 wires appear to be on the correct controller terminals, but cannot tell about the B+ and B- cables. However, if the beeper is sounding, B+ and B- are on the correct terminals.

There are 5 extra wires connected to the battery pack and some of the battery terminal connections are badly corroded. In addition, the stacking order on several battery terminals is incorrect.

What is the cart doing now.
The beeper sounds in reverse?
The solenoid clicks when key is on, a direction is selected and the pedal is pushed?
Does cart try to move?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 03:22 PM   #13
Brion
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The cart is still dead. The beeper is now working in reverse. I cant hear the solenoid working. I found the white wire on the motor was loose so I wonder if that shorted my controller as soon as I flipped it to run. What is the stacking order? I really appreciate all of your help.
Brion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:43 AM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Easy one first.
Stacking order is the way cables and wires are arranged on the terminals. The cables/wires that carry the most amps need to be placed in the most intimate contact with the battery post, so they go on the stud first.

The stacking order of your battery pack's main positive terminal, as seen in the bottom left of the first photo, is Charge wire (Fuse), Red accessory wire and High Current cable to solenoid. It ought to be High Current cable, Fuse, red wire.

The staking order should also be observed on the solenoid's large terminals. High Current cables go in first, then the lesser ampacity stuff. On a PDS cart, the Red wire that attaches to J1 Pin-5 should go on the solenoid's battery side large terminal next, followed by the resistor.

---------
Now for the harder part:

A PDS is more or less a Fly-by-Wire system. The controller does everything, the external switches just tell the controller what you want it to do.

Getting the solenoid to click (energize), is a two step process. First you have to arm it (apply B+ to one of the coil terminals), then you have to fire it (apply B- to the other coil terminal).

To arm it:
Battery charger disconnected
Run/Tow switch in Run position
Keyswitch in ON position
F/R switch switch in either F or R position.

To fire it:
Pedal microswitch's NC contacts closed (Throttle pedal pushed)

The attached schematic has all the wires needed to arm and fire the solenoid highlighted in Red.

Basically, to get the solenoid to click, you have to have measure battery pack voltage on:
J1 Pins 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8 & 9
J3 Pins 1, 2, 3 & 4
J4 Pins 1 & 2

If you don't, find and fix that problem
If you do, either solenoid or controller is bad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - PDS - Solenoid activation traced.jpg (69.7 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
back up alarm, speed controller
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO