lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2014, 04:53 PM   #11
gwh1bass
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery Voltage 6.20

It's industrial model 28115 G04.
gwh1bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2014, 05:42 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwh1bass View Post
It's industrial model 28115 G04.
Looks like this.

The service manual does mention the charger turns itself on if the battery pack drops to a point that a charge is required.
Nice feature.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PW charger - Faceplate.JPG (447.2 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:54 PM   #13
gwh1bass
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

That would be the charger.

A bit off topic if I could ask JohnnieB, if you are familiar with Li-ion camera batteries (specifically theNikon En-El4a ), do you believe this type of battery has a limited shelf life? Would a 3 year old battery with 30 discharge cycles have used up 70 % of its life, ( at least according to my in camera battery life meter)?
gwh1bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:57 AM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwh1bass View Post
That would be the charger.

A bit off topic if I could ask JohnnieB, if you are familiar with Li-ion camera batteries (specifically theNikon En-El4a ), do you believe this type of battery has a limited shelf life? Would a 3 year old battery with 30 discharge cycles have used up 70 % of its life, ( at least according to my in camera battery life meter)?
Li-ion camera batteries are a bit like cart batteries, at least to the extent that you want to keep them fully charged when not in use and you don't want to discharge the below 50%. If you deeply discharge them like you have to do with NiCad and NiMH, they don't last very long.

I'm a Canon aficionado, so I'm not familiar with the Nikon En-El14a, but my three year old Canon LP-E6 batteries are like new. I have three and rotate them about every 100 shots or so. If I know I'll be doing a lot of shooting, I use a battery grip with two LP-E6's in it and back them up with a rail of six AA cells that will also fit in the grip.

Basically, if a LP-E6 battery is used during the day, it goes on charge that night. So far, that seems to be working for me.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO