lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2014, 08:29 AM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: what to check

Sonny,

Unbolt the AXE controller from the heatsink and slide a piece of dry 1x6 between the controller and heatsink. Don't let the controller case or solenoid case touch the cart body or frame anywhere.

Then try it with and without Pin-4 connected.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2014, 06:56 PM   #22
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

JohnnieB

Today I took 2 of the large cables off of the f and r switch and tied them together. If I'm correct. I bypass the F and R switch. I still had power running through the controller. By doing this it will only run in one direction. Runs great till I apply power to the number 4 terminal on the controller. Then it stops.
Talked with Alltrax after that and they want me to change the reverse voltage to a higher voltage and see if that helps. If not they want the controller back.
So that's where I'm at right now. I will do as you ask on the controller tomorrow.
Thanks again
Sonny
sonnysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:05 PM   #23
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I'm not sure what you were trying to accomplish, but to "truly" bypass the FNR, you need to remove all four cables. The order you connect them together will determine whether you go forward or reverse.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:48 PM   #24
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

yurtle

If you have been following the thread. You know I'm lost, and don't have a GPS.
I was trying to find out if anything in the F and R switch could be causing the motor not to run in reverse. It only stops when power is applied to the number 4 pin or half speed on the controller. I'll try anything suggested.

Sonny
Old 07-10-2014, 08:12 PM   #25
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I have been following it, but I follow lots of things here and on other sites, so I forgot you had a DCS. I thought you had a series. I'm not familiar with DCS FNRs, so disregard my comment above.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:57 AM   #26
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

It is a series cart. Just changing it over to 48 volt. Well trying to anyway.

Sonny
Old 07-11-2014, 08:05 AM   #27
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I have been following it, but I follow lots of things here and on other sites, so I forgot you had a DCS. I thought you had a series. I'm not familiar with DCS FNRs, so disregard my comment above.
There was some confusion about the drive type at first, but that got straightened out by post #5.
He has an AXE4844 controller in a series cart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnysmith View Post
JohnnieB

Today I took 2 of the large cables off of the f and r switch and tied them together. If I'm correct. I bypass the F and R switch. I still had power running through the controller. By doing this it will only run in one direction. Runs great till I apply power to the number 4 terminal on the controller. Then it stops.
Talked with Alltrax after that and they want me to change the reverse voltage to a higher voltage and see if that helps. If not they want the controller back.
So that's where I'm at right now. I will do as you ask on the controller tomorrow.
Thanks again
Sonny
Sonny, I agree with yurtle that just tying two of the four cables on the F/R switch together, doesn't bypass it. You have to connect the four cables into two sets of two.

On the attached schematic, connect A to B and C to D.

Or you could do it at the motor:
Controller M- to Motor A1
Motor A2 to Motor S2
Motor S1 to Controller B+

--------
Not sure what Alltrax means when they say "change the reverse voltage to a higher voltage".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AXE in EZGO.jpg (275.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-11-2014, 08:10 AM   #28
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
There was some confusion about the drive type at first, but that got straiightedm out by post #5.
He has an AXE4844 controller in a series cart.
That was 5-1/2 weeks ago. I do good to remember what I did yesterday.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:13 AM   #29
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Not sure what Alltrax means when they say "change the reverse voltage to a higher voltage".
Perhaps they mean eliminate possible losses in the reed switch, MSs, key switch, wires, and connectors, and go straight to the pack. I think he already tried this, but all these posts seem to blend together, so I may be thinking about someone else.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:15 AM   #30
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

You must still have a few active brain cells left, you did okay figuring out what I fumblefingered on the keyboard.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO