lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2014, 09:33 PM   #11
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Which overhead radio console?

If you're set on an overhead, I'd get the second one. It's much nicer looking. I personally love my underdash speaker housings. They sound awesome even with a pair of generic six-inchers from some clunker I sent to a wrecking yard years ago.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2014, 09:51 PM   #12
kojo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

sportcoupe, I think you'll be pleased w/ the top one, along w/ some good quality sounding 6.5" speakers.

yurtle, it sounds like you had a party van, and I definitely remember the cassette days, heck I still have some.
kojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:55 AM   #13
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I agree the second one probably looks better. It may be lighter too and is MUCH cheaper. The long one is $140 and the V shaped one is $50. It's just the 5" opening (or so the ad says). I wonder if there's room to open it up? Humm.....

I've had speakers under the cupholders and behind the legs. I didn't care for the muffled sound. I've had speakers direct over my head in their own enclosure, sounded great but I hit my head on them. I had enclosed speakers behind the seat back rest. Those sounded very good until I got a cart with speakers in the dash cubby areas. I really liked the sound direct at me but I don't want to give up cubby space or the pods that go under the cubby, they impede on legroom.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:56 AM   #14
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

A buggy is much noisier than a car, so volume is important. If you're just parked and listening to music, I'm not sure 5" vs. 6.5" would make a huge difference. You can always add a Bazooka behind the front seat. Your ears' ability to distinguish Bass as Stereo ain't so great, which is why many systems have a single sub woofer. If you go with the smaller one, and a Bazooka, use pre-amp crossovers, so the small speakers aren't trying to do the bass, which they will distort.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:01 AM   #15
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'd only get the smaller one if I knew I had room and modify it for 6" or 6.5" speaker. I was hoping someone would chime in that had the smaller one and what they did with it.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:41 AM   #16
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Here's how mine arrived. Fortunately no damage. I've received worse. I literally had computer parts scattered up the front lawn and a half empty box on my porch.

I really like the speakers aimed right at your head. The Infinity has rotatable tweeters, which is great, since high end sound seems to be dampened more are fast speeds.

For a head unit, get one that either has an aux in, for 1/8" jack, or blue-tooth. I find that I use smart phones and iPods, laptops, etc. much more than CDs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2751.jpg (132.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-02-2014, 10:01 AM   #17
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

If you like the smaller unit, you could probably fabricate an adapter from black HDPE and install larger speakers.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:13 AM   #18
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

They may also sell adapters. Car speakers are fairly shallow, so it wouldn't have to be too deep.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:45 AM   #19
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I ordered the longer one so I can guarantee 6.5" speakers in it. I found some closeup pictures of the small one and the recommended 5" (5.25?) speaker is very close to the edge.

I'm not after premium sound. I am usually happy with factory car stereos. I do know an open air golf cart requires a bit of quality and power to hear it cleanly at speed.

Now I have to look for a decent, value priced head unit that won't need an external amp.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:26 PM   #20
kojo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

sportcoupe, Pioneer makes pretty descent decks, I know there are better decks out there but, for what your asking from it I think you'll love them. And for the price and the quality, I think their hard to beat. I made sure mine was bluetooth and wireless capable so I just downloaded songs to my phone so I could hear whatever I want and when I want to. After I put the Alltrax in I started getting alot of interference through speakers w/ radio or cd on but, using the bluetooth and playing songs there is no interference at all. Just a thought on getting a deck you'll like.
kojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO