lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2014, 07:31 PM   #21
benjylafond
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Alltrax 4844 Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
Oh man we aren't talking tools again are we?
My brother doesn't call me EBen for nothing!
benjylafond is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2014, 08:08 PM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I got it fixed Ben - I will include some big shouldered self locking nuts this time. I know tendency is now going to be to tighten them too much!
Remember the bolt threads are copper (soft) so tight and then a little - not a lot more pressure. Check them every day until you are sure they are staying... which they should with the nuts I'll be sending you.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:11 AM   #23
benjylafond
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I got it fixed Ben - I will include some big shouldered self locking nuts this time. I know tendency is now going to be to tighten them too much!
Remember the bolt threads are copper (soft) so tight and then a little - not a lot more pressure. Check them every day until you are sure they are staying... which they should with the nuts I'll be sending you.
Thanks, just ordered it. I think I will attach the wires to the F&R before I install it in the cart this time so I've got more room to work with.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:52 AM   #24
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Ok Ben. Lemme (Let me?) just toss a monkey wrench into the works here. Only because I like to be a rabble rouser. I've been down this road your going. I've toasted my share of F\R switch's. All HD one's. I've said it was because of .....Bla, Bla, Bla....and etc and whatever.

But....the "real fix" is to upgrade to one of Scotty B's reversing contactors. Yup. I'm not giving you any BS. These actually work, are much easier to switch from forward t reverse...and even better have a neutral switch position in 'em. (Nice so that a young kid can't jump on the cart when your key is in it, mash the peddle and turn the key and then you watch as the cart lurch's forward or in reverse as it runs over grandma!!)

I know you don't want to spend the bucks. But it's well worth the investment.

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:54 PM   #25
chriskent85
Gone Wild

I agree. I have one and they are nice.
chriskent85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:59 AM   #26
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

However, if you fail to tighten a large cable on them, you'll still have problems. The cost of one deep well socket would have more than paid for itself.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:14 PM   #27
benjylafond
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
However, if you fail to tighten a large cable on them, you'll still have problems. The cost of one deep well socket would have more than paid for itself.

You are correct. Put in my 2nd HD F/R yesterday. Also change all my cables to 1/0. Works great.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO